Houston Babies

stripping membranes. talk to me ladies.

DR is heading out of town the day after my due date.

so we have an appointment to strip my membranes on monday (due date is next saturday).

did you go into labor after?  did it take a day or two?  or that night?

was it as paniful as it sounds?

I'm so over this pregnancy, I'm done.  and done!

big sister, little brother
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: stripping membranes. talk to me ladies.

• I had my membranes stripped and it hurt. It wasn't that bad though. I would do it again. It was pretty fast. I started bleeding bad so I had to go into the hospital. While there waiting my water broke that night.
  • It was pretty uncomfortable, didn't start labor though.  It may have it given time but they sent me to the hospital to start pitocin (sp). 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my membranes stripped on a Tuesday and my water broke Friday. It wasn't bad at all.
    Baby boy, you are forever loved and missed. 19 weeks 2 days 10/14/09 Partial Molar Pregnancy Lucas Glenn 12/18/10
  • It was a little uncomfortable.  Alas, even with two strippings I did not go into labor.  
  • G-loveG-love member

thanks ladies.

I think I have decidede to just let nature run it's course.  I'll go for my appointment, but I don't think I need to play with stripping my membranes.

I've kind of let go of the "need" for my dr to deliver this baby.  (my last doc couldn't be there, and the doc on call sucked)  it's more about the nurses anyway, they are the ones who are there with you all day long.

so I'm going to stick it out me thinks.

but thanks so much for the stories.  it's what I needed to hear.

big sister, little brother
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know I am a little late, but my last I asked my mw to strip my membranes. In all, I think we did it 3 times over 6 days. (he WAS nearing 43 weeks, I WAS a little antsy - lol).

It never worked for me... he simply wasn't due.  It was uncomfortable (I liken it to trying to scratch my tonsils through my v@gina). And it made me spot and cramp... just no labor. I went into labor 4 days after the last stripping (at 43 weeks on the dot).

Good for you for feeling out your comfort level and going with your gut. Intuition is a great guide. :) Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"