September 2011 Moms
Options

Experience with chalkboard paint?

Can you use ANY chalk on the walls you painted with chalkboard paint?  Will the sidewalk chalk work?  Is there a best choice of chalk??  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Experience with chalkboard paint?

• Options
    I made 2 chalk boards for my work 2 years ago with smooth particle board and chalk board paint. We use everything on them from chalk markers to regular chalk to sidewalk chalk. We even use a chemical to clean the chalk board with when we change things up (which is monthly) and they have both held up very well. I am going to paint LO's closet doors with chalkboard paint.
  • Options
    I should add that I primed first with regular primer, then put a coat of the paint on, sanded it once it was dry, put on a second coat, sanded that one, and then put on a third. I let the third coat dry for 24 hours and then took a piece of white chalk and covered the board with it and wiped it clean (dry wipe first, then damp rag, the dry wipe again) to prep it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebre86ann:
    I should add that I primed first with regular primer, then put a coat of the paint on, sanded it once it was dry, put on a second coat, sanded that one, and then put on a third. I let the third coat dry for 24 hours and then took a piece of white chalk and covered the board with it and wiped it clean (dry wipe first, then damp rag, the dry wipe again) to prep it.

I <3 chalkboard paint and wish that we were moved into our own house now instead of still living in this apartment! Before we moved out of our old house and into the apartment, I had painted part of a wall in the boys' room with chalkboard paint and this is what I did as well! I would suggest prime, paint, sand, paint, sand, paint, chalk, dry wipe, wet wipe and dry wipe again. lol. I did it one time without going through all those steps and it didn't turn out well. So just follow those instructions and you will be good to go :) 

• Options
    In addition to the paint there are charkboard decals that go on the walls that are super cute too, if you can't do the paint like PP said. I seen them on a website I posted for Azrayla on FB the other day. And they weren't too expensive either.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"