Hawaii Babies

speaking of baby gates for the stairs....

I was perusing CL and saw this one

Lascal Kiddy Guard Retractable Baby Gate

it latches around the banister poles so there is no drilling/mounting.  it's pricey but I like the concept and we're probably going to get the one on CL to save a little money.

still trying to figure out what to do at the top of the stairs b/c you are not supposed to use pressure mount gates at the top of the stairs....DH refuses to drill into the wall and there is a wall on one side and the banister on the other side. currently we just shut the doors but she can open them so it's only a small deterrent.  she is good about stopping at the top but I worry sometimes that she'll get excited and not be able to stop in time, or the dog will get excited and run past her and knock her down so we really to find a solution soon.  I guess we could just put baby gates up in the doorways that we normally keep closed?

Re: speaking of baby gates for the stairs....

• Interesting! I was looking at some like these for our stairs, but they say you can't use them at the top OR bottom. These must be more heavy duty or something.

If your H doesn't want to drill into walls (we decided just to go for it, and patch and paint later down the track), then blocking off the doorways is probably the easiest bet.

• imageredshoegirl:

Interesting! I was looking at some like these for our stairs, but they say you can't use them at the top OR bottom. These must be more heavy duty or something.

If your H doesn't want to drill into walls (we decided just to go for it, and patch and paint later down the track), then blocking off the doorways is probably the easiest bet.

there is a great demo video in the reviews on amazon - it seems really sturdy.  we'll be putting the at the bottom of our stairs

and I think we're going to block off the doorways for the top level....not sure why this did not occur to me until I wrote this post! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"