North Carolina Babies

Hospital Choices/Experiences

I was just wondering how everyone went about choosing a hospital?

Did you go for the nearest hospital, or did you look at other considerations? I've heard good and bad stories about my nearby hospital and don't know what to think. I want to have options during birth (such as being able to walk around, take a bath, and not be offered drugs if I don't want them), but I don't want to make a big fuss if it's going to be the same everywhere or if my local hospital is ok with these things. I like my OB, but am willing to change if it means I'll have a better experience.

Does anyone have any stories from hospitals? I'm looking between Rowan Regional, Forsyth, and Carolinas Northeast. Any others in this area I should look at?  Anyone have a doula at any of these hospitals?

Also, if anyone has any resources I could go to for information, I would greatly appreciate it. From what I can find, information on obstetrics isn't collected in North Carolina, so I can't figure out how to compare these hospitals. I know I can go tour them, but it's not like they will let me watch how they are treating a patient while she is giving birth.

Thank you for any help! 

Re: Hospital Choices/Experiences

• usually it's based on the OB.  they usually only deliver at a specific hospital. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Given the provider that I choose, I think I really only had one choice of where to deliver at (Women's in GSO). However I think most births in Greensboro happen at Women's, so I am not too surprised by this.

I think choosing the right provider will have a big impact on all the things you mentioned. Have you asked your OB about their views/policies on these things? Have you looked into a practice that contains midwives?

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your response!

I have an appointment in a week, so I'm going to talk to them then. I didn't really know the questions to ask when I started out, all the things I wrote above I realized by researching afterward. 

Thanks again.

• Good luck, I hope the appointment goes well.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"