North Carolina Babies

NC Babies List [Poll]

I know this question has been brought up several times, so I thought we should decide if we want to update our list.

Also, if you have any ideas on how to define a "regular" please share!
[Poll]
image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001

Re: NC Babies List [Poll]

• I'm not sure how to define regulars, but I agree with the others who have said it's not as fun anymore now that the list is mostly people who pop in once, and want their name added, then never come back. I only know who a handful of the people on the list are anymore

I'd say someone needs to post a few times a week, and make a point to "get to know the board," before they're added. I don't think that's too much to ask, really.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I put to just bold regulars because I'm not sure we'll all agree on what defines a regular to the point of being on the list.  Will Becki have to decide if someone has posted enough to put their due date on the list?  Might be easier to just list everyone and then bold those we see posting with some frequency.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageraceyrae:

Will Becki have to decide if someone has posted enough to put their due date on the list? 

Yea I don't want to start drama by being the list police! I'm thinking people should at least do an introduction post before being added. 

• imageraceyrae:

I put to just bold regulars because I'm not sure we'll all agree on what defines a regular to the point of being on the list.  Will Becki have to decide if someone has posted enough to put their due date on the list?  Might be easier to just list everyone and then bold those we see posting with some frequency.

i agree.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I voted to bold the regular board posters names although I do feel it should be more regular posters that get listed in general. Although, I agree that this could cause drama. I would recommend that someone has to do an introduction post before they get added as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

I'm not sure how to define regulars, but I agree with the others who have said it's not as fun anymore now that the list is mostly people who pop in once, and want their name added, then never come back. I only know who a handful of the people on the list are anymore

I'd say someone needs to post a few times a week, and make a point to "get to know the board," before they're added. I don't think that's too much to ask, really.

These are my thoughts. The list is filled with post and run people and we never hear back. I don't think any drama would be started considering most don't even come back here to check. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • The Introduction post could be a good compromise to be on the list, although I could see there being an intro post and then people vanishing.  I suppose we could also still bold regulars too. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Or, if we don't hear anything from someone in a month or so, just silently remove them from the list. If they come  back and want to be re-added that's fine.

It's not a lie the list is cluttered with people who don't participate at all. If it really is that important that they ask to re-join I bet they will start coming around more. Just my 2 cents. :)

We can definitely weed it out and see who comes back. Just a thought! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageLalabee0425:

Or, if we don't hear anything from someone in a month or so, just silently remove them from the list. If they come  back and want to be re-added that's fine.

It's not a lie the list is cluttered with people who don't participate at all. If it really is that important that they ask to re-join I bet they will start coming around more. Just my 2 cents. :)

We can definitely weed it out and see who comes back. Just a thought! 

i think this is good too.  bc if they really wanted to be on the list they'd just request to be on it again.  though i don't know who would  want to keep up w/whether or not people have posted lately or not.

what about just starting the list over?  this way it'd be starting from scratch and it should be mostly regulars at that point.  and it nonregulars post to be added, it'd be easier to keep track of those people than the post and runs that are already on there.

• imageSophabelle:

what about just starting the list over?  this way it'd be starting from scratch and it should be mostly regulars at that point.  and it nonregulars post to be added, it'd be easier to keep track of those people than the post and runs that are already on there.

I like this idea.

I don't know if you would consider me a "regular" but I do post on occasion and I lurk quite a bit. It seems that when I am checking this board, most of questions have been answered as I would have replied or I have nothing to add to a particular thread. In fact, I've posted more to this board than the other boards I lurk about. :D

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it can be hard to define who a regular is.

However, I think starting the list over could be a good idea. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • narknark member

What if the list was started over, and then someone posted like a "NC babies check-in" every couple of weeks, or just make that a post right after the list is posted everytime? Then we could post on the bottom of the list something like: "Don't forget to check in and let us know how your pregnancy is going on the NC babies check-in at least once per month to keep your name on the list!" Then the ones who are still around but quiet would have a place to say "still here - 24 weeks now" or whatever if they aren't super social on the board. Maybe it would even bring them out of their shells a little and get this board moving a little more again. Or something? Just a thought.

Or is that too annoying to keep up with? Don't want to make more work for anybody! Just thinking.

• imagenark:

What if the list was started over, and then someone posted like a "NC babies check-in" every couple of weeks, or just make that a post right after the list is posted everytime?

I like the check-in idea. Could be a fun way to keep up with our expecting mamas! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"