2nd Trimester

Best Diaper Pail

For all of you second time mommies:

Would you recommend one diaper pail over another? There are so many conflicting reviews out there. Here are the ones I am considering:

Diaper Genie II

Diaper Genie II Elite

Diaper Champ

Arm and Hammer Diaper Pail

If you strongly feel that one is the best (or worst!)  I would love to receive your feedback! 

Re: Best Diaper Pail

• I registered for the Diaper Champ -- I liked that you can use regular 13-gallon kitchen trash bags in it....versus having to buy special bags.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree, while the Diaper Genie is always highly recommended, you have to buy their bags, which gets costly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We purchased the Diaper Genie.  Yes, the bags can add up, but I will tell you - I love it!  Would highly recommend it.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageklynch_us:
    We purchased the Diaper Genie.  Yes, the bags can add up, but I will tell you - I love it!  Would highly recommend it.

Did you buy the II or the Elite? 

• personally I have used the diaper genie and the diaper pail. I hated the genie I threw it away after the first couple months. I loved the pail and will be using it with this lo as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageklynch_us:
    We purchased the Diaper Genie.  Yes, the bags can add up, but I will tell you - I love it!  Would highly recommend it.

This!  We have the II, but if you have the extra $ I'd personally go for the Elite.  Also, yeah the bags add up, but if you order them through amazon mom (https://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/welcome) you'll get them for 15% off.  It's def less expensive than any stores I've looked at - including WalMart.  The same is true with diapers (only they're 30% off), just fyi.  ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
                                       Our third addition is on their way!
  • Another mom recommended the Arm & Hammer one to me.  She said it really does hold in smell very well, and the bags aren't too bad in price.  I'm hoping she's right, because I've registered for it! :)
  • Save your $$ and just get a regular trashcan.  Diaper pails in general do not work.  What most moms do is throw wet diapers in the trashcan and take poopy diapers outside to the garbage bin immediately.  If you BF, it will be okay at first because BF babies don't really have an oder when they BM but once their digestion gets more efficient and they start eating solids, there is no pail that will keep the smell in.
  • I hated diaper pails. I felt it was more sanitary to just put them in a trash bag and put them right in the trash outside.
  • I have the Diper champ and Loved it! I say Loved only because now that LO is on whole milk his poops are just awful and the champ or any onther pail can't contain the smell like pp's have said.

But it def. worked for the first 13 months, and it's great because i used reg bj's brand trash bags and never had an issue. I will use it again with this LO.

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had the Diaper Genie II Elite. It works and does what it's meant to. But after a while, especially when the diapers are very small, and you go to take it out, it's really kinda disgusting to think of how many old diapers have gathered in that bag. After DS got older (bigger/smelllier diapers) we just wrapped them up in a grocery bag and tossed them in the kitchen trash can. We throw that trash out almost daily, so we didn't accumulate week-old diapers. OH and grocery store bags are free! Those refills add up!
  • My friend got the Arm and Hammer one and says it works great. I have watched her LO and never smelled stinky diapers. I have registered for the same one.
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

• We used the Diaper Genie II Elite... LOVE IT... her room never smelled and we only emptied it once it filled up (anywhere from once every 2 weeks when she was small, to about every week when she got bigger).  Used it until she quit wearing diapers and never had an odor problem!  Planning to use it for #2 as well.  Had friends who used the Champ and they had to eventually store it on their back patio because it stunk so bad.
  • We've been using the Diaper Genie II Elite for 21 months, still works fine.  When the child gets older and starts eating solids, the poo can be dumped in the toilet, it cuts down on the smell that way.
  • Had the diaper genie with my first and used it for a couple months, after a while the novelty wore off and I just used the trash can.  Plan on just tossing in the garbage with the new arrival. 
  • Honestly I would say get none. I never had one and I just bought those little baggies that you carry in your diaper bag. They worked great I threw the dirty diaper in it closed it and into the trash it went. My house never smelled because of it and after about 8-9 months I stopped wasting money on those and use regular plastic bags.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"