February 2012 Moms

NBR: PIP Can you help me pick a new haircut?

I'm in a funk. I need a new hair style. I had extensions, which I took out a couple of months ago. I haven't even had a trim in the last year! I need something different but I'm afraid of looking even younger. I'm 25 and graduating from nursing school in a couple of weeks, I'd like to look my age.

This is me now:

Would I look bad with my hair a little shorter? I want to go maybe shoulder length. Here is a picture of me with shoulder lenght hair (about a year ago). I'm the one on the right. I should warn you that it was a remarkably good hair day.

Or should I just get a trim and let it grow? This is me with long hair

This is what I'm thinking of. I've had the "victoria beckham bob" a lot over the past couple of years and if I go shorter I don't really want to do that exact cut again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: PIP Can you help me pick a new haircut?

• I'm trying to get away from pony tail hair. I wear it up at work, I wear it up at home... I'm sick of pony tails! Lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mkarnsmkarns member
    I think you look great with the shoulder-length hair! The only warning I would have is that so early in our pregnancies, we don't know what shape our faces will take when we start to...you know...gain weight *sigh*. Good Luck! Let's see a picture when you choose!

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Looks like you have an oval shaped face, so you can rock any hairstyle really. I think you would look really cute with shoulder length hair or even a bob.
  • I really like the bottom pic. I think the layers will make you look "mature." It looks like you have nice hair either way so I'm sure whatever you pick will look good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the shoulder length haircut too.  I imagine it being just a bit longer in the front without the layers.  I like how 'sleek' your hair looks in that second picture and think longer up front than in back would help achieve that.
  • I like the shoulder length! I think it will be cute on you.

• I think the last look (completely new) would be cute on you!  FWIW I have completely layered hair (where they cut it straight on the bottom and then use a razor & chunking sheers) and it is completely LOW maintenance.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• I like the pic on the bottom; the one you've been thinking of.  If not that, the pic where you're out with your friend/sister.  I like both of those looks on you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegoldenleaves:
    I'm trying to get away from pony tail hair. I wear it up at work, I wear it up at home... I'm sick of pony tails! Lol.

I was of the same exact mindset last week. I felt like I looked so "blah" because of m/s and being so tired. A pony is easy, but not exactly super cute when you're just throwing your hair up so you don't have to mess with it! So, I got brave and cut my hair off into a chin length bob. It's got some layers, but not the Beckham style wedge. I love it, and I don't regret it! :) So go for it girl!! It will always grow back! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"