North Carolina Babies
Options

RE in Charlotte, NC Help?

Hi!  I'm new to the Nest and am trying to get advice for an RE in Charlotte.  I have a family history of PCOS and have started to show symptoms of it and wanted to try and get it under control before my husband and I start trying to conceive.  I tried REACH because I heard they were excellent but they wont see us since DH and I aren't actively trying to get pregnant.  Any other suggestions?!  Thanks!

Re: RE in Charlotte, NC Help?

• Options
    I'm at reach and though I like it, I feel like its a bit of a factory. I saw my RE once, and have just been through the labs/whoever is doing monitioring/etc- seems very impersonal. I've heard good things about the Women's Institute which is affiliated with CMC. The only reason we didn't go there was b/c I heard that you have to do IVF on their cycle, not your own....we didn't do IVF but just in case. If they won't see you, maybe take a look at an OBGYN that specializes in PCOS?  GL!
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • Options
    Hi! Were in the middle of IVF with REACH. I have PCOS and the only thing they did for me was to tell me to lose weight and give me metaformin to help with my insulin resistance. I had been to my ob while trying to conceive asking for a diagnosis and she said I didn't have issues. One ultra sound and bloodwork panel at reach showed what I knew was up. I would just say that you are trying and are having trouble because of suspected PCOS. I see Dr. Wing and he was great. He diagnosed me right away before trying any treatments. You can always get diagnosed and then tell them you've decided to wait awhile. I've really enjoyed REACH would recommend them! 
    Me (26) Mild PCOS DH (26) Severe MFI 1.5 year TTC 9/11- IVF- BFN 11/2- Transfered 2 embryos 11/8- BFP on FRER 6dp5dt 11/11- First Beta 433 9dp5dt IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"