April 2011 Moms

Naps. Are not in crib. What to do???!

DD has been really shortening the length of her naps lately. Like, sometimes she'll cry out after 20 min. If I take her in bed w/me (if my other child is napping at that time) and pop a boob out, she'll be right back to sleep. I don't even mean NURSING half the time - she literally likes to use my boob as a pillow. I don't think I need to state that this is not a habit I want to form long-term!!!! ha!  Her nursery is PRIMED for sleep. Blackout shades. White noise. Fan on. Swaddles. THE WORKS. She just wants human contact!! Which is sweet..  but yeah, I want her in the dadgum crib.

I have a 3 y/o, so any form of sleep-training is just.. difficult, as they have rooms right next door to one another. I don't mean crying it out (too young!), but if I were to let her fuss a bit, he'd be kept awake.. and so it's just not easy for me to do.

Is it just crazy and not smart that I get a lot of napping in by letting her use my boob as a pillow??! (or nurse her on/off for a lengthy nap) She'll be 3 months next Tues. I'm just worried about bad habits..........

Re: Naps. Are not in crib. What to do???!

• I'm no expert (duh), but I think she is a little young to be forming bad habits.  I know that of course you don't want your boob as a pillow (which, BTW, is hilarious to me), but who knows what she will want to use a month from now?  Babies are constantly changing.

And, for what it's worth, my baby at 4 months will not nap in her crib or pak-n-play if her life depended on it. Instead, she has to nap in a swing.  Maybe your LO will also respond well to the motion to lull her to sleep???

Stephanie Hsu
  • My LO is the same it makes me really worried since he will be going to a sitter in about a month :(

• Loading the player...
  • I worry about setting up bad habits too but have told myself I won't worry until 6 months and then figure out what I need to change. Whatever helps her sleep right now (swaddle, nursing to sleep, napping in my arms) ... and help me survive the days with the little she-devil Wink
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"