Boppy Pillow vs Boppy Newborn Lounger — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

Boppy Pillow vs Boppy Newborn Lounger

I am debating between these two, and which one to register for. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

Re: Boppy Pillow vs Boppy Newborn Lounger

• I think... 

The boppy pillow can be used for feeding or to position baby. 

The newborn lounger is just for the baby to lay on. 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have both.  We never even used the lounger - the pillow has much more uses as the pp said.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • klyannklyann member
    Get the regular Boppy Pillow - works great for baby lounging and BFing.  Also FWIW I ended up getting two pillows and 3 covers (plus the waterproof covers, my baby was a puker).  I kept one upstairs in the nursery and one downstairs.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We received a Boppy Newborn Lounger as a gift. I found it particularly useful because I ended up EPing instead of nursing because A never latched. I would lay him in it on the bed or couch next to me while I pumped 8-10 times per day.

However, he grew out of it quickly - maybe 2 to 3 months? Once he started trying to roll over, it was really easy for him to roll out of. I would have preferred the regular Boppy because it has many uses and you can use it longer than the Boppy Newborn Lounger.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My suggestions is get the regular boppy

https://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Pillow-Slipcover-Lots-Dots/dp/B001GIOPH4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311280097&sr=8-2

and then put this cover from Walmart over it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JJNQMK

That way you can use it to feed and you can also prop LO up on it with out having LO slide down. 

That's what I did. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both! The Boppy pillow is great for nursing and for support when baby is ready to practice sitting up on her own. The Boppy Lounger is great for laying the baby on while you play with her, talk to her, etc. Our lounger is at the foot of our bed on the floor and DD1 still uses it to lay on when she watches tv in our room. She calls it her pillow, so we're going to get another one for DD2 :) We used both all the time!
  • Loved the Lounger.  It makes for a nice seat for me too or pillow.  My mom had the regular Boppy at her house to use.  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards