Birth Stories

Better late than never... Happy New Year

So I was due 1-1-11, first child.  On Dec 29th at midnight contractions began.  On the 30th around 10pm went to the hospital, was having contractions every 3-5 minutes for hours.  Was only 1cm, sent home... disapointed.  Went to Bob Evans to eat while having contractions... DH pretended like we were "praying" when I was having a rather painful contraction (jerk- ok it was funny). So on the 31st I was still having contractions every 3-5 mins (so much for sleeping)... DH finally convinced me I needed to go to the hospital again so went it, got checked and was 5cm!  Got the edpidural, took a nap.  Woke up and heard people celebrating the New Year.  Pushed for 3 hours, was threatened with forceps... pushed harder- the top of his head kept coming out and going back in for about an hour and a half... FINALLY pushed him out after 81 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing... didn't feel any real pain after the epidural.  Born at 9:31am.  7lbs 8oz

The cord was wrapped around my little guys neck... looked down and he was bluish.  The doctor quickly cut the cord and blood sprays the ceiling, the doctor (on her face), my husband (his head), the nurse (her head) and pretty much everything else.  My face and gown are sprayed with blood...  looks like a horror show happened in the room.  So we sorta had our own "fireworks" show... Little guy gets quickly taken away and finally starts crying... he stops crying and looks over at DH and I- reality sets in, wow he is ours.  The nurse gives me a new gown so I don't scare my family waiting outside. Best day of my life!  What a great way to start off my new year!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Better late than never... Happy New Year

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"