April 2011 Moms

anyone not using EASY?

I started this this past sunday, and boy is it great! I have learned so much about my LO's cues it's not even funny. 

Before, when he was making high pitched squeals, I thought he was just being cute and making new noises.  Before when his eyes would glaze over and he would start crying, I thought he was upset. Before when he would yawn, I wouldn't really think, "hey, he might need to be coaxed into taking a nap." All of these things are things that my LO does to signify that he is tired and needs to sleep!!! Who knew?

For a while we were not getting many if any naps during the day... but I'm pretty sure he needed them. If we did, they were very inconsistent. 

So now, we use EASY, and when he wakes up he eats, then he's awake anywhere form 60-90 minutes and then starts to do all those things i described above, and i put him down for a nap. It takes a little coaxing (rocking the pack and play, and white noise, and shhhhh-ing), but he falls asleep for exactly 30 minutes just about every time.

Moral of my story, if you haven't tried it, you should. You will learn things you never realized your baby was trying to tell you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone not using EASY?

• EDWHIPEDWHIP member

EASY as in Eat, Activity, Sleep, You time?

I've wondered about that...is a walk considered activity, sleep, or you time?  Can you do all three at once?  Molly always naps when I walk her in the stroller.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love the Baby Whisperer!  I swear that I would marry her if I could :)  My baby is SO much happier now that I have learned to read him and his cues.  Also, using BW's tricks, I've gotten his naps extended to 60-90 minutes and he is SO much happier than when they were just 30-35.

If a walk if directly after LO eats, it would be activity if LO stays awake most of the time.  If LO falls asleep immediately, it is sleep, but probably not great sleep.  Everything you enjoy is technically you time, but what BW refers to in the book is showering, cleaning, laundry, etc for You time.

• Loading the player...
  • imageJ1e2n3n4i:

If a walk if directly after LO eats, it would be activity if LO stays awake most of the time.  If LO falls asleep immediately, it is sleep, but probably not great sleep.  Everything you enjoy is technically you time, but what BW refers to in the book is showering, cleaning, laundry, etc for You time.

If those were the things I considered "me" time, I would have ended it all long ago Stick out tongue

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• imageshaindelr:
    imageJ1e2n3n4i:

If those were the things I considered "me" time, I would have ended it all long ago Stick out tongue

For serious.

• imageJ1e2n3n4i:

I love the Baby Whisperer!  I swear that I would marry her if I could :)  My baby is SO much happier now that I have learned to read him and his cues.  Also, using BW's tricks, I've gotten his naps extended to 60-90 minutes and he is SO much happier than when they were just 30-35.

sooo talk to me about this extending naps.....we are usually about 45 min and he needs longer but I can't get him back to sleep!

• I need to figure out extended naps too... please tell! I don't officially do the EASY routine, but more of an EAE routine and put her down for a nap every hour and a half - or two hours max. The only longer naps are the ones in my arms, I'm ready to have her OFF of me Wink
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagektusten:

sooo talk to me about this extending naps.....we are usually about 45 min and he needs longer but I can't get him back to sleep!

I just responded to the post specifically with my name, so you can read what we did there.

Here are a couple of other ideas from the BW site:

https://www.babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=64161.0

https://www.babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=649.0

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"