New Orleans Babies

Natural Birth at Ochsner, NOLA?

Hello ladies!  I'm newly pregnant but already know that I want a natural, med-free birth.  For the past couple of years I've been seeing Dr. Candace Moore at Ochsner.  I'd like to stay with her throughout my pregnancy, and will have my first prenatal appt. in a couple of weeks.  I just wanted to see if anyone here has had a med free birth at Ochsner, or if anyone has had experience delivering with Dr. Moore.  TIA! 

Re: Natural Birth at Ochsner, NOLA?

• She is my doctor and I ADORE her! She's very supportive of my wishes to have med free births...she did not push one thing on me, except the only request she had was that I get a hep lock- it's not attached to anything and is one of those "just in case" things. I can email you a copy of my birth plan if you like- she didn't bat an eye at it, and when the nurses tried to do the normal things, all I had to say was "my doctor is okay with this" and they pretty much left me alone. She's also okay with me bringing in a labor tub (but she won't deliver in the tub, which is fine by me)

She's so sweet. This pregnancy was VERY unexpected, and she was just so postive and encouraging. I honestly believe we have the best OB at ochsner, though there are quite a few other good ones.

Good luck!

• lous22lous22 member
    I'm so happy to hear that you've had good experiences with Dr. Moore and Ochsner.  I was nervous that I'd have trouble going natural in a hospital setting, but it sounds like everyone respected your wishes.  Thanks so much for your reply!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelous22:
    I'm so happy to hear that you've had good experiences with Dr. Moore and Ochsner.  I was nervous that I'd have trouble going natural in a hospital setting, but it sounds like everyone respected your wishes.  Thanks so much for your reply!!! 

I will say it's not as natural birth friendly at Touro. It really depends on your nurse. I was met with a few eyerolls and they tried to push more interventions on me with my first child, but I had a different OB then. It's totally possible though, as long as you have a good support system. Good luck!!

• I delivered Naturally at Touro with Dr Perret 5 weeks ago.  I cannot say enough good things about the hospital and Dr Perret.  During labor, my nurse helped me in the shower, massaged my legs helped me in different positions to ease the contractions.  The hospital was wonderful and strongly support Natural birth.  Dr Perret is a amazing doctor for a natural birth.... although she supports any type of birth.  Good Luck.

• imageKT Baby:

I delivered Naturally at Touro with Dr Perret 5 weeks ago.  I cannot say enough good things about the hospital and Dr Perret.  During labor, my nurse helped me in the shower, massaged my legs helped me in different positions to ease the contractions.  The hospital was wonderful and strongly support Natural birth.  Dr Perret is a amazing doctor for a natural birth.... although she supports any type of birth.  Good Luck.

Agreed.  Dr. Perret is also my OB and I love her!  Touro was awesome for both of my deliveries and were very accommodating whether I went med-free or not (I went med-free for DD1, and had an epi with DD2).  Perret was out of town for DD2s birth tho and DuTreil ended up delivering and he was awesome as well.  I highly recommend Touro to anyone looking for a med-free supportive atmosphere with very caring doctors.

• I didn't see Dr. Moore but, I saw Dr. Jody Morris at Ochsner and I had a great delivery and very supportive staff. I never felt pressured into using medications or anything. I delivered April 1st. I have heard nothing but, good things about your doctor too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"