September 2011 Moms
Options

Bounce Free & Sensitive dryer sheets?

Sticking with all the FTM questions today :) - Are these ok to use in the dryer with baby's clothes? I'm using Dreft detergent to wash the clothes, and thought that maybe Dreft would make dryer sheets (so much static!), but I couldn't find any anywhere. So I saw these, and thought they would be best because there's no fragrance or anything. Thanks ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bounce Free & Sensitive dryer sheets?

• Options
    Those should be fine. You don't have to buy Dreft, either, you can use the cheaper Free & Clear stuff. We usually use the store brand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageShannonSky:
    Those should be fine. You don't have to buy Dreft, either, you can use the cheaper Free & Clear stuff. We usually use the store brand.

I used the Bounce Free & Clear sheets on DS's clothes from the beginning and we never had an issue. Like PP, we just use All Free & Clear. I never bought Dreft because it still has a scent and DH and I are allergic to any scented detergents, so I was afraid DS would be as well. We already used Free & Clear, so I just used that on his stuff.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The only place I've ever heard this is on TB, so take it for what it's worth: but apparently dryer sheets aren't recommended for baby clothes, as they do something to the flame-retardant qualities of the clothes. Like I said, I've only heard this here, so I'm not sure how truthful it is...but I haven't used dryer sheets on DS's clothes since he was born. I still don't, but it's more out of habit than anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ella&CElla&C member
    I use those dryer sheets, and neither me nor my DD have a reaction to them.
  • Options
    sraexxsraexx member
    Thanks, I had this same question!
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I was thinking of dryer sheets too...or at least a softener? Would the softener also take away the flame retardent stuff too? And if you don't use a softener, are the little clothes rough? :(
  • Options
    imageMereou12:

The only place I've ever heard this is on TB, so take it for what it's worth: but apparently dryer sheets aren't recommended for baby clothes, as they do something to the flame-retardant qualities of the clothes. Like I said, I've only heard this here, so I'm not sure how truthful it is...but I haven't used dryer sheets on DS's clothes since he was born. I still don't, but it's more out of habit than anything.

Thanks ladies! I didn't even think about using a free and clear detergent..I'm sure it's much cheaper than Dreft. I guess you live and you learn, huh? lol.

Mereou - I'll have to research the dryer sheet thing. Thanks for the info!

• Options

I haven't used any dryer sheets, but I plan to get any that are free & clear... I've been washing Los clothes in the Dreft, but to be honest, I don't like the scent of it.. Regarding the question of the baby detergent leaving the clothes soft, I found that Dreft made everything so much softer... so there are some benefits, that's for sure. 

I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical of sticking just to dreft and sensitive detergent forever because the baby might have sensitive-washed clothes, but the friends and family that might be holding her use regular and won't that be almost the same? 

• Options

Someone on this board recommended these as an alternative:

https://buddhabunz.com/store/Default.asp

I haven't tried them, so I"m not sure how they work! 

• Options

I think Dreft stinks to high heaven.  I have no idea why it's a baby detergent, it's so strong!  I've always just used a F&C with no problems.

Never had problems with dryer sheets or softener either.  But if you want to stay away from them, you can get dryer balls instead.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"