Illinois Babies

Late Night & Weekend Care

I am looking for late night & weekend childcare a few days out of the month.  However, I would prefer if it would not be in my home.  Is this possible? I was thinking maybe if there is a nanny somewhere that has her own space that just needs a few additional hours a month.  Help? Is there anything I can do instead of hitting up my LO grandparents every weekend?

Re: Late Night & Weekend Care

• I hope this is because you are working and not because you need to go out and party.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Check out craigslist.  I think it would be best though if you just had a babysitter come to your home.  It would be so much easier for you when you come back at night. Goodluck in your search!
    Madison Staffing www.madisonstaffingcorp.com
  • Loading the player...
  • you want to leave your kid in the care of someone you don't know... in their home nonetheless... because you don't want to ask the grandparents to do it again?

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesuperaunt:

you want to leave your kid in the care of someone you don't know... in their home nonetheless... because you don't want to ask the grandparents to do it again?

THIS!   And someone you potentially found on craigslist?!?! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • tmrchitmrchi member
    I've had friends that have had good luck finding people through "sitter city".  One friend did a nanny share where they alternated which house the kids were watched at.  Granted this was during the day, but there might be some people that work day shifts and could trade off by watching the kids at night. (I know nurses often have schedules like that) It seems like it would be a hassle to cart all your baby's stuff, and mess with his/her routine by having them spend the night some place else though, but I suppose you have some reasons why you need it set up that way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageReniaB:
    imagesuperaunt:

you want to leave your kid in the care of someone you don't know... in their home nonetheless... because you don't want to ask the grandparents to do it again?

THIS!   And someone you potentially found on craigslist?!?! 

Wow! I had never encountered a posting where the responses were so judgemental.  I don't mean to stir the pot, but it's not like she's doing it to your LO.  To each her own.  Maybe it's for work, maybe it's not...she just needs childcare and suggestion on where to find it. 

I've seen decent posts on craigslist, but for evening and weekend care, I would go to care.com or sittercity.com.  Those sites have postings and offer background checks.  You may want to opt for someone who has completed the background check.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"