Alabama Babies

Hi...Huntsville mom with a question...

Hi all. I am new to this board. I have been using WTE since I found out I was pregnant two years ago. My little boy was born on July 12, 2010 and we just celebrated his first birthday.

My problem is that I would like to get him in a play date or something similar that will get him around other children his age, but I don't know any other moms that have kids my sons age. None of my friends have kids and they all pretty much ditched me when I had him.

Do you have any suggestions of something I can enroll him in to get him around other kids his age? I want him to have some friends I just don't know where to turn to. Please help!

Thanks.

Re: Hi...Huntsville mom with a question...

• Hi and Welcome!

There are a few churches around the H'ville area (depending on what part you are in) that have MOPS.

Also you can google Huntsville Moms groups or Huntsville Moms and Tots groups and there are a few around (again depending on what part of town you are in)

There are Mother's Day out programs, which can run two days a week in the mornings or three days in the mornings etc.  

Little Gym is an option...H'ville has two.  There is also a music class of sorts I am just blanking on the name at the moment but it is similar to Kindermusik.  

I believe A Nurturing Moment over on Airport Road has some other information on classes and such.  

Good luck!  Our board used to be a lot more active and there are several of us H'ville moms on here, but we have/had a creeper on the board and it has made most of us not post over here as often.  I think people still check in from time to time and hopefully some of the other H'ville area moms can offer some suggestions as well :)  

• I know some girls on here used to go to a playdate thing at crestwood

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure about any places to go, or mom groups... but I have the same problem. I don't really have many friends now days, and all my mom friends have children much older.

My son was born July 13th, 2010 (crazy) so they are super close in age :P. Maybe we could get to know each other, and one day do a play date or something. If you want to, I'm on facebook. You can search me with my email address, which I could pm you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bandia: That sounds good to me :) Dumb question but where do I look for a PM on here?
  • lol. Not a dumb question.

To send a pm: At the bottom of a post (by the person you want to send a pm) you'll see 3 options. Reply, quote, and contact. Click contact, and choose send ____ a private message.

To read a pm:  On the left hand side of the screen under the list of boards you'll see "my boards" toward the very bottom. Click check  private messages. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ditto to what C said!  I have met some new friends for me and my kids thru day care friends too. 
  • Me and a friend started a facebook group called: Huntsville Moms with tots and its a group of moms who get together with there kids. We have met at the mall, botanical gardens, etc... We would love to have you join.  

Mary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"