South Florida Babies

xp: Partial or Marginal Placenta Previa

Were any of you been diagnosed with partial or marginal placenta previa early in your pregnancy (for me it was at the 20 week anatomy scan)? And if you were diagnosed with it, did it resolve itself on its own? The perinatalogist said that most cases resolve on their own, but there are some that don't. Those of you that had the marginal or partial pp, did your OB allow you to have (or at least attempt) a vaginal delivery or did they recommend / force you to deliver cesarean?

Looking forward to your responses. Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: xp: Partial or Marginal Placenta Previa

• I had it with Alexis but I was diagnosed at 13 weeks with marginal pp. It did resolve on its own by my 20 week u/s and I delivered vaginally no problem. 
    image image

• I had a complete previa and it moved up enough for a vaginal birth.  Approx 95% of all partial previas will move.  You'll need another u/s to check on it.  The placenta has to be a certain distance from the cervix in order to deliver vaginally.

One tip is to not google previa experiences.  You'll mostly get the stories of placentas that don't move.  Remember bad news always makes the internet.  Rarely do people post about the good experiences that are the norm.

GL!  Keep us updated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DH's SIL  was also diagnosed early on and by 20 weeks she was all good and had a 100% natural vaginal birth! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was diagnosed around 13 wks and cleared at 21wks on it's own. I wasn't diagnosed for my 1st one.
  • Yes and mine resolved itself so I was able to deliver vaginally without any problem
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"