2nd Trimester

Rock Hard Belly in the morning?

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this?  It's starting to ease up a little, but every morning, when I feel my belly, it feels super hard and round.  As I move around in the morning, everything softens up, and by the end of the day, it's much softer.  Wonder what causes it??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rock Hard Belly in the morning?

• Mine is the opposite.  It's rock hard and uncomfortable by the end of the day, but in the morning, it's back to being soft again.  I'm happy for the reset, because I feel really yuck at night when it's like that.
  • Mine feels harder when I lie down flat.  I think it's b/c my fat (LOL) is more uh, evenly distrubuted I guess you could say.  I was an average build before I got pregnant, but did have a little extra in the stomach!
  • Loading the player...
  • My belly is rock hard when I wake up in the morning. It usually softens up after I pee, maybe that is something related?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagerxyb13:
    My belly is rock hard when I wake up in the morning. It usually softens up after I pee, maybe that is something related?

This!!!!  and after I eat. By the end of the day my belly is much bigger.  But yes, in the morning, after I pee, all is well.  Weird!!!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's like morning wood...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Yup. I noticed that was happening a couple weeks ago, it is kinda weird. As the other gals said it usually eases up after I head to the bathroom. I think its just because all the fluids are just sitting in that certain area all night and maybe the muscles are all tight around it and we just have to move around a little to loosen stuff back up? My thoughts. 

Smile

• I like the morning wood thought! lol
  • imagereason00:
    It's like morning wood...

I'm laughing so hard I think I might pee a little!  Awesome.

IAmPregnant Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i also have this my doc said its from bloat or gas build up lol and it gets softer over the day because u let it out idk but that is what i  was told
  • imagehollinor:
    Mine is the opposite.  It's rock hard and uncomfortable by the end of the day, but in the morning, it's back to being soft again.  I'm happy for the reset, because I feel really yuck at night when it's like that.

This! So interesting to hear how it's a little different for everyone.

Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Morning wood.... LOVE IT!       LOL

I've noticed when I am laying down in bed, mostly in the mornings, that about 2-3 inches under my belly button my tummy is really hard. Being as this is my first, I was a little nervous but I asked an experienced (four babies under her belt) friend and she said that it was normal. And from the responses everyone here is posting I guess it just confirms it. No idea what causes it though, sorry.

BTW... still laughing about the morning wood!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"