Philadelphia Babies

what do you think?

Hello Ladies, What do you think of Pennsylvania Hospital (not University of Penn Hosp.) for Delivery? This is the one that I am thinking about but I wanted to get other's opinions on it.

Thanks!

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what do you think?

• Its where I am going to deliver, my neighbor and good friend just delivered there she had a good experience.  They use the laborist method so sometime it will not be your ob who delivers you there.  My doc has admitting rights at the hospital so if she is available she will be there, but my neighbor doc's did not have admitting rights and she was delivered by the laborist staff, but she said they were great and I guess they should be since all they do is deliver.  Rooming in with your baby is strongly encouraged as is breast feeding so if you don't want either of those it might not be the right chioce.  Last Pennsylvannia hospital offers the option of pavillion suites we have reserved one they are like hotel rooms where you are guaranteed a private room after delivery (main reason we did it) but also includes better food and other amenities.  Let me know if you have any questions I didn't answer.  Good luck :)

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• imagedesigner303:
    Its where I am going to deliver, my neighbor and good friend just delivered there she had a good experience.  They use the laborist method so sometime it will not be your ob who delivers you there.  My doc has admitting rights at the hospital so if she is available she will be there, but my neighbor doc's did not have admitting rights and she was delivered by the laborist staff, but she said they were great and I guess they should be since all they do is deliver.  Rooming in with your baby is strongly encouraged as is breast feeding so if you don't want either of those it might not be the right chioce.  Last Pennsylvannia hospital offers the option of pavillion suites we have reserved one they are like hotel rooms where you are guaranteed a private room after delivery (main reason we did it) but also includes better food and other amenities.  Let me know if you have any questions I didn't answer.  Good luck :)

This is exactly what I am looking for... I want to breast feed and I want my baby to stay with me in the room. :o) Thanks!

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered there, well actually I had a C-section.  I didn't want to have a C-section but I guess it was the way to go.  After the procedure, my husband and baby were with me in the recovery area, which was awesome.  A lot of hospitals keep the baby away from the mother in recovery.  We lucked out and got a private room, so my husband was able to sleep over with no problems.  The lactation support is awesome (I'm still breastfeeding!) and all the nurses were really nice.  I think that if you are agreeable to a regular hospital birth, this is a great place.  I wanted a natural birth, with my midwife, which did not work out in the end.  I think Bryn Mawr seems to be the best place for natural (med free) birth.  Next time I might do a home birth, cuz I don't want to get cut again!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"