High-Risk Pregnancy

Ready to be Done with GD! (Vent)

So normally, I'm pretty okay with having GD (although I wish I didn't obviously).  I tell people it really isn't that bad and have been able to find things to eat generally.  But today I just feel like I'm hitting a wall.  I'm so tired of everything I can eat and my numbers are creeping higher which always makes me so frustrated.  I just want to be able to eat and drink what I want to without always thinking of carbs and testing and worrying if I am hurting my baby! 

I know I'm just whining and I'm sure I'll be in a better frame of mind tomorrow, but I figured if anyone would understand having a mini-GD meltdown it would be you ladies!   Thanks for "listening." :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ready to be Done with GD! (Vent)

• imageejmay01:

So normally, I'm pretty okay with having GD (although I wish I didn't obviously).  I tell people it really isn't that bad and have been able to find things to eat generally.  But today I just feel like I'm hitting a wall.  I'm so tired of everything I can eat and my numbers are creeping higher which always makes me so frustrated.  I just want to be able to eat and drink what I want to without always thinking of carbs and testing and worrying if I am hurting my baby! 

I know I'm just whining and I'm sure I'll be in a better frame of mind tomorrow, but I figured if anyone would understand having a mini-GD meltdown it would be you ladies!   Thanks for "listening." :) 

We've all had those days. There were a couple of days where I just said "screw it" and ate outside my range, because I couldn't take it anymore. But I promise, it does end. You can make it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Vent away.  It is true that having GD is not the end of the world, but this sh*t gets old!  I have a couple of dinners that give me great numbers...they even taste good.  I just have no interest in eating the same couple dinners for the next 12 weeks.  Sometimes I feel like I get no enjoyment whatsoever out of eating.  Oh well, it isn't forever, but somedays it might as well be. 

The great news is that you are in the home stretch!  You can do it!  And when you finish and have your sweet, perfect, healthy LO in your arms, this will seem like a distant memory.  And you can come back and cheer the rest of us on! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hugs. I have felt that way several times, and I haven't been dealing with very long. It can get very frustrating.  But it's a short road, so I just try to remember that. Hang in there.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• imagerainlily:

Vent away.  It is true that having GD is not the end of the world, but this sh*t gets old!  I have a couple of dinners that give me great numbers...they even taste good.  I just have no interest in eating the same couple dinners for the next 12 weeks.  Sometimes I feel like I get no enjoyment whatsoever out of eating.  Oh well, it isn't forever, but somedays it might as well be. 

The great news is that you are in the home stretch!  You can do it!  And when you finish and have your sweet, perfect, healthy LO in your arms, this will seem like a distant memory.  And you can come back and cheer the rest of us on! 

Ditto everything. There are days where I feel like stomping my feet and throwing a good old fashioned temper tantrum just like my toddler because I am so sick of eating the same thing over and over and over. But, like rainlily said, once you hold your LO it will all seem so long ago, and it will all be so worth it. And it's just another thing to hold over you LO's head when they are being a terror. I like to jokingly tell DD "Do you know what I went through to get you here?! All the needles and days in labor?!" :P

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's okay. I feel the same way! You are doing what's best for you and your baby. Thankfully GD doesn't last forever. Once you deliver that placenta, hopefully you will once again gain control of your insulin and be able to enjoy the foods you want.

I can't wait for GD to be over, too. I really want to be able to eat my favorite pasta dish again. Child birth is definitely a reason to celebrate for at least a couple reasons-  for the birth of our baby and being done with GD!

Hang in there!! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies!  I really appreciate all of your kind words.  I know everyone is in the same situation and it helps knowing I'm not going through this alone.  You are all right...we are nearing the finish line and having a healthy little one is so worth it.  I'll stick it out, I just may have to keep complaining every now and then!  ;)
  • I enjoyed hearing your vent... that is how I feel.  I am so sick of grilled chicken and eggs! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • confession...:) We had some friends over for dinner last week and my DH and the two of them had delicious dessert (Chocolates and ice cream) after their meal. After our guests left I had a little meltdown to DH bc I was just so frustrated and was feeling over it. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sraexxsraexx member
    Don't I know it! I was diagnosed at 15 weeks! I think I am single-handedly supporting the egg, cheese stick and avocado companies of the world.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • This post made me feel so much better because I've had some really bad days of just wanting to "throw in the towel."  Like today I meet with a diabetic nurse and she weighed me, which I was weighed on the same scale 3 days ago and have gained 2.5 lbs in 3 days.  Are ya freaking kidding me with this sticks and grass diet I'm on?  I just cried.  I know the baby is growing but not almost 3 lbs in 3 days.  I have had a few "screw it" moments and have eaten a little over my carbs as well.  This is tough...really tough when you are esp. pregnant and have cravings and veggies and cheese just don't cut it.  The only thing that keeps me going and want to try and stay on track is my baby. But I just feel like screaming sometimes!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • You're not the only one.  I pass by all of these new food places I want to try because I just moved.  It is very frustrating for all of us GD women.  I want a soda so bad but I know I can't have it. Angry  My fiance's family reunion is coming up soon and I am dreading to go because I won't be able to eat what I want.  I really hate it but I want the baby to be healthy.  I'll just be glad when she gets here so I can chow down.  Speaking of which the state fair in North Carolina will be here just in time after she's born.  I will be making up for it big time!! Big SmileParty!!!
  • I am so glad I'm not the only one!  Having this baby is now so exciting for two reasons...to meet my precious LO and to get rid of GD!!!
  • I am so there too.  I've had trouble with my fasting numbers and took a while adjusting my nighttime insulin dose to get it under control.  One morning when my fasting number was still up, I said, "F*** GD!" and poured myself a huge bowl of cereal.  Ironically, my after breakfast number was below my given limit, though just barely.  I went back to my usual eggs and peanut butter toast the next day, but I enjoyed that one little break.

Hang in there!  It IS frustrating, but it's not forever. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"