New York Babies

OB rec in Manhattan please!

I'm finally graduating from my RE and my old GYN does not deliver. Can anyone recommend an OB affiliated with NYU that takes Oxford? I was hoping for an all female practice but that may not be possible. I looked on Oxford's site and it's hard to know who to trust without a rec. Thanks!
Image and  video hosting by TinyPic
Baby  Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OB rec in Manhattan please!

• Hi. I go to Dr. Alison Ho from Lexington Obgyn in Murray Hill and I'm very happy with her.  She's with NYU, not sure if she takes Oxford.  There are 5 docs in practice - 3 women, 2 men - any one of them could deliver you.  When I asked for recs on this board, a few people recommended Downtown Women's.  They're with NYU, not sure if they take Oxford, but it is an all-female practice.  I didn't check them out b/c location was not convenient for me (Soho).  Congrats on the BFP and good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I used to go to Downtown Women's... liked some of the doctor's more than others. It was often very busy with a long wait. They do take Oxford (or used to a year ago).

You could also look at Spring OBGYN in Soho. A friend of mine loves them and used them for both of her kids. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagekangaroo35:
    Hi. I go to Dr. Alison Ho from Lexington Obgyn in Murray Hill and I'm very happy with her.  She's with NYU, not sure if she takes Oxford.  There are 5 docs in practice - 3 women, 2 men - any one of them could deliver you.  When I asked for recs on this board, a few people recommended Downtown Women's.  They're with NYU, not sure if they take Oxford, but it is an all-female practice.  I didn't check them out b/c location was not convenient for me (Soho).  Congrats on the BFP and good luck!

I delivered my second with Lex OB/GYN.  I used to only want a female OB, but I ended up delivering with one of the male docs and I switched to him for my gyn check-ups after my main OB moved.  Dr. Ho is great, but she isn't warm and fuzzy if you prefer that kind of demeanor.  I love Dr. Schweizer (who delivered me) and Dr. Markoff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"