2nd Trimester
Options

2+ moms(Bottles)

So what kind of bottles did you use for ur LOs? What brand did they like better? Wha brand did they hate? I'm having a baby shower and I don't know what to register for. My DS has had a feeding tube(G-Tube) and I never had to worry about what he liked and what he didn't. Before he was born though BRU had gave me a free 4oz Avent bottle when I registered for him so I was going to try that one first. Should I try that one with DD? Are they any good? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2+ moms(Bottles)

• Options
    I haven't used the Avent bottles but I can tell you I love my son's Tommee Tippee's. The best part for me as a formula feeding mom was that they sell inserts so you can pre-measure both the water and the formula, you set the formula insert in the water filled bottle then simply take it out and pour it in the bottle when LO is ready to eat. It made middle of the night or on-the-go feedings so much easier! We also have Born Free bottles which we like but I personally think there are too many pieces to clean- we only used them when mixing rice cereal in our DS's bottle as the Y- nipples were the only ones that would allow enough rice to get through without leaking all over our little one.
  • Options
    We started out with the Playtex nursers but I didn't love them. Then we started using the cheapo Gerber ones and the Parent's Choice ones from Wal Mart. DD didn't seem to care as long as she got her food! Maybe get a few different ones and see what you/baby like best then go get a bunch of those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hated Breastflow and Avent. We had two different types of Avent bottles and they both leaked badly.

LOVE Playtex VentAire. Used them with DD and will with this LO, too, as long as she'll take them. I really noticed a decrease in DD's gassy-ness once we switched to these bottles.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lol thanks ladies but it's still hard for me. Just because now there's all these different ones that I never even heard of. I guess I should just look at their reviews? And also get a couple different kinds and see what works better for me.
  • Options
    We only ever tried Dr. Browns and ds loved them so much, he still, at nearly 2.5, won't completely part with them.  I don't know about their claims for how it helps colic, because ds was very colicky and they didn't seem to help, but I have nothing to compare it to for an idea of what worse would be.
  • Options

We used the Tommee Tippee bottles and loved them. We were breastfeeding and there was no problems going from breast to bottle when using them. We will use them again.

DD wouldn't take the playtex drop ins or advent for a long time.

• Options
    we used avent and they leaked!  then we switched to the gerber/ parents choice.
  • Options
    We tried three different brands: the playtex drop ins, the breastflow from learning curve and Dr. Browns.  She hated the nipples on all but the drop ins.  Which was GREAT for us because it was a heck of a lot less cleaning than the other two options.
  • Options
    imagememali26:

Hated Breastflow and Avent. We had two different types of Avent bottles and they both leaked badly.

LOVE Playtex VentAire. Used them with DD and will with this LO, too, as long as she'll take them. I really noticed a decrease in DD's gassy-ness once we switched to these bottles.

This pretty much word for word. 

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Options
    tegsstegss member
    imagememali26:

This :)

• Options
    I used Avent at first with DS, and he had reflux and gas real bad so they didn't work well for us. I swear by the Playtex Nursers with the latex nipples. They are amazing, and made my son a totally different baby!
  • Options

I used Tommee Tippee and they were great.  Also used the Medela ones that came with the pump.

People really like Dr. Brown's too but there are a lot of parts to clean.  The tommee tippee ones are super easy to clean.

The general rule of thumb is often to wait to buy tons of one brand of bottle because you never know what your LO will take.  Some LO's are picky and won't like the bottle that you picked out.  

• Options
    We used Avent and they were fine for us.  They do leak if you don't screw them on right, but after a little practice they were fine.  We're planning to re-use them this time.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I BF and we switched off between Adiri and Playtex Drop Ins.  Adiri are harder to find these days and if you don't put the cover on them correctly, they leak, but otherwise are great.  I'm going to try Tommee Tippee along with BF this time.  We may still use the Playtex Drop Ins.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I ended up registering for the Tommee Tippee and Playtex Vent Air. I seen a lot of you ladies liked those 2 and the Playtex Drop Ins but those feel weird to me for some reason. lol Hopefully they work great for us this time around. I'll also try the Gerber ones they are a lot cheaper with 2 kids cheap is good.
  • Options

imagemyantonia:
    We used Avent and they were fine for us.  They do leak if you don't screw them on right, but after a little practice they were fine.  We're planning to re-use them this time.

This

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've never used the Avent bottles. For both my kids I used the Playtex Drop In's and love them. The liners come pre-sterilized and you just throw them away after each feed. I'll be using them again with this  baby.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"