September 2011 Moms
Options

Hostess Gifts for Shower

(I apologize if this has been posted before)

What are you getting your hostess(es) as a gift?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hostess Gifts for Shower

• Options

Mom and MIL - I'm getting them each a tote bag that they can use as a diaper bag when they're babysitting (but also just use as a regular tote bag when they're not), and stocking it with diaper bag supplies.  Maybe also the little girl bead for their Pandora bracelets.

DH's Aunt - I'm not as sure. Maybe some really nice bath supplies? Maybe someone will post a great idea here for me.

The shower was initially just hosted by my mom and MIL, so I was all excited with my idea for them, but now DH's Aunt is also helping out a lot with it, so I am going to get her a hostess gift, too.  But the bag idea doesn't work for her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A nice bottle of wine and a box of Godiva Chocolates
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My sister is doing the shower in Denver but she lives in North Carolina. So I am giving her a three night hotel stay at the Westin hotel!! Upon check-in I made a "Auntie" bag with Her favorite magazines, nail polish colors, and a spicy pair of stilettos! She is one trendy Auntie!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I have/had three showers:

1) My aunt-in-law hosted - she loves to cook, so I gave her a Williams-Sonoma cookbook ($30-40)

2) 3 coworkers hosted my work shower - gave each a thank you note with a $10 gift card to Starbucks

3) Co-ed shower hosted by a friend - She likes to host parties and to cook, so we gave her a drink mix set and wine opener from Williams-Sonoma (we had a gift card from W-S, which is why some of our gifts were from there). The total for this came to $30-40.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I took some really great photos of my mom and her sisters with my grandma on the 4th so I was planning to print them and frame them as a thank you - my aunts threw my shower.

My mom told it was silly, they were throwing the shower because they love me, not to get a TY gift.  She's a very practical woman and told me absolutely do not give them a gift, just make an extra note of thanks in my TY card for their gift.  So that's how I handled that shower.

My other shower is hosted by MIL and SIL.  I'm planning to get MIL a plant and SIL a bottle of her favorite wine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am doing the shower theme gift, loofa and bath and body works stuff with a card that says, I hope your next shower is as wonderful as mine was.  I stole this idea from Lupe who posted a while back about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePina:

I am doing the shower theme gift, loofa and bath and body works stuff with a card that says, I hope your next shower is as wonderful as mine was.  I stole this idea from Lupe who posted a while back about it.

that is so clever!!!!!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting a big gift basket full of "shower" items.  (yes I took this idea from others) There will be 2 full sets (different scents) of shower/lotion items from Bed Bath & Beyond and a Vera Bradley umbrella. My best friend is throwing the shower and she loves Vera Bradley!  The shower is actually going to be at her mom's house, and I have no idea what I'm getting her yet.  I always get excited to see these posts for new ideas to steal!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Shower #1

BFF - a personalized photo frame and a photo of us

My Mom - (who helped pay for alot of the shower since money is tight for BFF) - a $50 gas card (I know, not very sentimental, but money is very tight for my Mom as well)

Shower #2 - more of a girl's night out at a restaurant

a pair of cute earrings and a $25 Target gift card (hostess is very hard to buy for)

Shower #3

a Scentsy wax warmer and wax tarts

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"