September 2011 Moms
Options

Hip pain when sleeping?

I've been fine until recently and now my hip starts to hurt in the middle of the night. I've always been a side sleeper, but now I try to mostly sleep on my left. I also sleep with a body pillow between my ankles, but it doesn't seem to be cutting it these days.

Any one else having this problem? Or any suggestions on how to fix/avoid it would be great! TIA

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Hip pain when sleeping?

• Options

I have to keep my Snoogle between my upper thighs to avoid hip pain -- if I shift around and the pillow moves, my hips start aching, but if it stays in place, I'm fairly comfortable. Maybe try shifting the body pillow up a bit to see if that helps?

I also wedge a 2nd pillow behind my back so that I'm in a giant Snoogle/pillow cocoon and get support from every side.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am having the same problem. The only thing that helps is the pillow between my knees/thighs. And I've actually found that getting up to use the bathroom helps, because I walk and stretch it out. Then I go back to bed and lay on the other side til the next time.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been having the same problem for weeks now. I was always a tummy sleeper so trying to sleep on my side has not been easy. I surround myself with body pillows. Sometimes if I just shift the pillow a certain way it help relieve some of the pain. If it doesnt work, then I just try and sleep through the pain as much as possible. It sucks, I know, but we dont have much longer!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!!  And it's so annoying!  What's even more annoying is I asked my Dr what I can do about it and she said "Wait it out another 8 weeks or so....that's part of being pregnant."  Came from the 22 year old resident that has never been pregnant...I wanted to throat punch her and her size 2 a$$.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sucks so bad! I put my boppy between my legs & another pillow behind my back to keep me in place. Every single night I wake up every hour on my back though, because my hips hurt so badly. Not much longer left though. Hang in there!
  • Options

yes really bad. If i don't stretch properly in the morning it hangs around all day too. Ug.

Last night I tucked a pillow under my tummy for some support and that seemed to help, but otherwise I have little advice. Just sympathy.

• Options
    Horrible!! My hips actually go numb a LOT! It takes me forever to get comfortable/situated. My left hip seems to go numb a lot more than the right, even when I'm laying on my right side. It sucks! I have to literally hug my body pillow between my legs, then shift backwards until I find the one spot where they won't go numb, then wedge another pillow behind my back... And of course, ten minutes later I'm uncomfortable again so this just repeats. Wish I had some advice, but my DR too told me to just wait it out. My hands/arms/ears also go numb. No bueno. : /
    MJ. Born 9-4-2011. 2 Weeks Old Here. Photobucket
  • Options
    imageMereou12:

I have to keep my Snoogle between my upper thighs to avoid hip pain -- if I shift around and the pillow moves, my hips start aching, but if it stays in place, I'm fairly comfortable. Maybe try shifting the body pillow up a bit to see if that helps?

I also wedge a 2nd pillow behind my back so that I'm in a giant Snoogle/pillow cocoon and get support from every side.

This. Ever since I've been using my snuggle I have had no pain while sleeping.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    i've been dealing with this for 7 months...i've always been a stomach/back sleeper!! its always been the hip thats laying on the mattress - we bought an egg crate foam topper for the mattress yesterday and i about cried this morning, i got such great sleep and its the first time in 7 months i haven't woken up sore!!!
  • Options

imageAmanda&EricB:
    I am having the same problem. The only thing that helps is the pillow between my knees/thighs. And I've actually found that getting up to use the bathroom helps, because I walk and stretch it out. Then I go back to bed and lay on the other side til the next time.

This exactly for me too!! Not sure what else todo to prevent it.

BFP #1: 9/10 ~ ended in natural MC 6 wks 3 days
    BFP #2: 1/26/11 ~ EDD 9/30/11 ** Raena Marie born 9/23/11**
    BFP #3: 10/21/13 ~ ended with c/p at 5 wks 1 day
    BFP #4: 11/26/13 ~ EDD August 13th <3

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 73477cec-3f4d-4642-a74a-533b1e33edc7.jpg  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"