Nurseries and Baby Gear

New items like bouncers...did you wash before use?

Our bouncer is brand new, and I'm not sure if I should wash the washable parts (seat, harness, headrest) before using it...what are you doing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New items like bouncers...did you wash before use?

• I'm washing it, maybe it's a ftm thing but I figure it can't hurt to get any leftover chemicals off.
  • We didn't wash the bouncer cover, swing cover, highchair cover, stroller, or carseat covers.  As someone on my birth month put it - you cannot wash every single thing your LO encounters.  We have washed every single thing because of spit up/barf/poo/pee and they all wash fine, but sometimes they are a pain to get on/off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hmm.. This never even crossed my mind on new items, so I guess I wouldn't.

I did wash all of the used items very well.

• I washed her clothes, blankets and burp rags.  Everything else I used as is.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • I washed the seat and headrest. It was super easy and it came out fine.

We have also washed all bedding, and our Moby. Before I use the Ergo, I'll wash that too. 

I'm not washing the car seat pad until I have to (spit up or whatever) because I don't feel like re-threading the harness. 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Clerk9Clerk9 member
    imagekathymarie:

I washed the seat and headrest. It was super easy and it came out fine.

We have also washed all bedding, and our Moby. Before I use the Ergo, I'll wash that too. 

I'm not washing the car seat pad until I have to (spit up or whatever) because I don't feel like re-threading the harness. 

Same here, except I only washed the Ergo infant insert & not the whole thing.  

I've found that, when in doubt, cold water gentle cycle washing & tumble dry low (or line dry) seems to work for just about everything (at least according to labels & the things I've washed so far).   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We washed them. They weren't attached or put together when we bought them, so I threw them in the washer before putting them together. Not because I'm a germ freak, just because it seemed common sense to me. Looking back, it was probably unnecessary.

I didn't wash my Ergo before using it. 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • I didn't wash my car seat pad either. It's pretty water-resistant so when he spits up on it, I spot clean with Clorox wipes or a soapy rag.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • I would wash everything. you can never be to cautious! Babies can get sick very easily especially the first month until there immune system builds up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"