Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

"My butthole hurts"

Charley has been saying her butthole hurts when she has to poop for a while and I didn't really think anything of it except it was a sign that she had to poop.  For the past week she's been screaming and saying her butthole hurts which I think may be gas pains.  She does eventually poop and scream bloody murder while she's pooping, but it's not always right away or even the same day.  

Yesterday she didn't eat much and her belly was so hard and swollen that I started to freak out.  She's a skinny little thing, and I've never seen it like that.  She was saying her butthole hurts, but no screaming.  I was ready to rush us off to the urgent care, but my husband insisted it was gas and we call the pediatrician monday.  Her poops are pretty normal except for the screaming...  I will be calling the pediatrician, but I'm worried.  Has anyone else gone through something similar with their LO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

Re: "My butthole hurts"

• Options

I haven't personally gone through it, but my friends son does that too. He's on a stool softener that he gets every day with some juice. I guess it was gas and a bit of a GI issue where he's very sensitive to it and has to have some help with it.

Is it possible she has a small internal hemorrhoid that could be hurting? 

Good luck! Hope she feels better soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Constipation sucks, I'm sorry!

But seriously...you taught your 2 year old "butthole"? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor thing. DD will say her hiney hurts her or her tummy hurts when she has to poop. She's never screamed. Maybe, & I know this is nasty, check her poop for any blood. If she has a hemmeriod it might be bothering her or bleeding. Have you checked her hiney to see if there is any sore there? If she's potty trained or training sometimes they don't get cleaned as well as they did when in diapers. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagepimp policer:

But seriously...you taught your 2 year old "butthole"? 

Haha! That's all I could think of as I was reading this too!

OP, have you tried some prune juice or something to help get things flowing a little easier? Maybe she's just passing hard, uncomfortable poops. Poor thing...if she's screaming it's got to be just miserable for her.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• Options
    Sounds like some constipation. My DD used to say the same thing "my butt hurts" when she was constipated or holding in her poop. Miralax is working wonders. DD's tummy did get firm from all the back up, she didn't poop for 7 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

try pears!!!!!  a nice ripe pear, or even canned ones if you dont have any ripe ones... it always works really quickly for us.  that and juice boxes.  my DD will complain that her tummy/side hurts and the first time i was ready to rush to the hospital for appendicitis, and then later she pooped and was fine.

they also can get tears around their "butthole" and that can cause pain or sometimes a little bleeding.  i remember reading that it's fairly normal for that to happen and it will heal, but pooping probably really hurts in the meantime.  (also i'm not a health professional so what the heck do i know!)

i'd definitely call the pedi to check... is she acting normal otherwise?  hopefully it's just constipation.  GOOD LUCK!

• Options
    I actually have no idea where she heard butthole, but the first time she said it she asked me where Ariel's butthole was...?  I was SHOCKED.  I don't give it any positive or negative attention.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options
    Could be constipation. Try adding more fruits and veggies to her diet.  You could make a smoothie with prune juice and other fruits added if she doesn't like them on their own. 
    BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"