September 2011 Moms
Options

DH had a mystery accident. Don't know what to do.

I had a midwife's appt this afternoon at 4.  DH was picking up DS & then going to the Home Depot.  I called him on his cell after my appt at 4:45 & he said they were just getting home.  He asked about my appt & we chatted for 5 mins or so.

I got home roughly an hour later.  DH was standing in the garage & just looked confused & was holding his hand to the back of his head.  When he turned about there was blood on the back of his neck & shirt & he has a biggish cut on the back of his head that is still oozing a bit.

I can only assume he has a concussion as he has no recollection of what happened.  All he keeps saying is he got hit in the head somehow but doesn't remember. He thinks he was flying a kite for DS & fell over (which I know to bogus as there is not a puff of wind & its the hottest day here plus the kite is where we always have it).  There is a smallish amount of blood in our driveway where he obviously fell.  DS says he tripped over the dog but his story keeps changing & I wouldn't expect anything else from a 4 year old!

He has no recollection of picking DS up, going to the Home Depot, me calling him from the hospital after my appt or even what day it was.  He seems quite lucid I suppose but he keeps repeating himself & saying over & over that he has a big cut on his head & he must have fallen.

I have tried to get him into the car to go to the ER or Urgent Care but he is having none of it.  I am not sure what, if anything they can can do for him there anyway.

He is in the shower now & hopefully will feel a bit better when he gets out.  I am worried about him & not sure what to do for him.

Re: DH had a mystery accident. Don't know what to do.

• Options
    Oh wow- I would still take him in anyway- tell him you were on your way there anyway before he fell- he can't remember that he wasn't!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He needs to get to the ER asap!!  Head injuries are nothing to take lightly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call an ambulance.  It sounds like he may have a serious injury if he can't remember what happened. I hope he's ok!
  • Options

If he has no memory and keeps repeating things over and over again, I would take him to the ER. I wouldn't give him a choice. Better safe than sorry.

I have seen plenty of concussions as I work in athletics and the fact that he keeps repeating himself has me worried. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I am going to get him in the car now & if he refuses I am calling an ambulance!
  • Options
    Take him in right away---concussions are super dangerous.  Don't risk it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTreasa:
    Thanks ladies. I am going to get him in the car now & if he refuses I am calling an ambulance!

Good for you!  If he doesn't remember what happened, it could be serious.  It's definitely not something to ignore.

I hope everything is okay!

Happy Spring!.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You're doing the best thing by making him go. Keep us updated!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad you're taking him! This is definitely too serious to ignore. Let us know what you find out.
  • Options
    Head injuries are nothing to fool with. Glad you are taking him.
  • Options
    I would make him go. 
  • Options
    How incredibly scary! I hope he will allow you to take him to the ER. Please update us when you can. I know we are all thinking of you!
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options
    Ella&CElla&C member
    OMG! I hope you are there now. Update when you can.
  • Options

Hi Ladies, we (DS & I) are just back from the hospital.  DH had a CAT scan, they couldn't find anything serious on there but did say he is severely concussed.  He has no memory of anything & must have asked me at least 100 times what day, date it is.  At one point he didn't even remember I was pregnant!

They are keeping him in for observation tonight.  I am trying to get a sitter for our little guy so I can get back to the hospital.  Please keep us in your prayers. 

• Options
    You are definitely in my prayers!
  • Options
    I'm glad you got him to the hospital... And thanks for the update. Let us know how he makes out today. Good luck!
  • Options
    So glad you got him to go and that they will keep him to observe him!  Give us all another update when you can so we know that he's back to normal! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am so happy that you took him, and that his scan was good. It never hurts to keep him overnight either, especially if he still has no memory. Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. I am so glad they kept him, seeing as he was that confused. How incredibly scary! I hope you were able to find a sitter and can get back up there to be with him. Hugs!
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options

Thank you all so much!  <3 you guys!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"