September 2011 Moms
Options

How do you...?

How do you get out of your hormonal funks?  I cried for over a half hour today (that's a looooong story, ending in the fact that I hate my dr's office), tried to get over it, then DH started on me on the way home from work.  So now, I'm past the point of being mad, past the point of being upset, and fully in sulking mode.

When you have those days, how do you get yourself out of it?  I cooked dinner and didn't even want to eat it.  

I really hate these mood swings!  I'd love to hear how some of you pull yourself out!  I'm not exactly a "wallower", but these funks are hard to break out of!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you...?

• Options
    depends on what it is, but usually i try to just look at the bigger picture to give myself some perspective of "is this really worth being so upset over"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I dont know if this is actually dealing with it, but I just keep to myself. I essentially try to avoid any kind of communication and just like being alone. That way, I can't upset anyone else and people can't upset me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been pretty lucky and not very moody. The few times I've had days like that, I've simply told my husband that I felt irrationally upset and needed to be alone so I wasn't mean to him. Then I went and laid down with a book and an hour or so later, I was okay and was able to continue with my day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've been getting this too over the last couple weeks, and I've found that being active helps.  I'll go for a walk or a swim, and it helps mellow me out and make me feel better :)  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ice cream. Lots of ice cream. It's my emotional band-aid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First of all....I choose whether or not to bother my husband about it (because he has enough crap to deal with)...or whether or not I want to involve my mom/family...

I have a fabulous, tight circle of bestfriends.  We all do the exact same thing to each other:  I can call, text, email them...they let me vent, and at least one of them will call me up, see me that day (or night) - or we may have an emergency get together (everyone drops their plans to get together for the night).  They let me have my moment (again), and then they SLAP ME in the face (sometimes literally, or an actual butt slap), they are brutally honest with me, and get me out of my foul mood ASAP - they make me realize how lukcy I am, and to look at the bigger picture,.  Alcohol helps too....but since I can't have that, I enjoy my mom-to-be drinks in a nice tall wine glass.

I love them and do the same thing to them as well for whatever reason (e.g. family related, work related, boyfriend / husband related, life in general, and/or other emergencies...).  It's a great support system, and this is how we've done things for the past 25+yrs...I'm very, very lucky and blessed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"