September 2011 Moms
Options

Thank you note wording

I'm having a brain-fart ladies, and I need your help. I'm writing out my Thank You notes for my shower, and I can't think of wording. This one is for a person who couldn't make it to my shower, but sent their gifts with someone who was there.. Do I say something like "You were missed...", or "I'm sorry you weren't able to attend"..Or do I just not say anything pertaining to them not making it? Thanks ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you note wording

• Options

Dear ----,

Thank you so much for the lovely ---. You were missed at the shower, but I so appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity.

... and then continue as usual from there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLaComtesse:

Dear ----,

Thank you so much for the lovely ---. You were missed at the shower, but I so appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity.

That is brilliant! Thank you so much! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    HAHA I was fixing to say, "ask LaComtesse"
  • Options
    imageJo&Matt6609:
    imageLaComtesse:

Dear ----,

That is brilliant! Thank you so much! 

*curtsy*

• Options

imageLaceface7:

Ha! I love it.

• Options
    imageLaComtesse:

imageLaceface7:

Ha! I love it.

Wink I remembered you were the Guru on these kinds of things. Isn't that what you do for a living? Correspondence, something along those lines?

• Options
    imageLaceface7:
    imageLaComtesse:

imageLaceface7:

Ha! I love it.

Wink I remembered you were the Guru on these kinds of things. Isn't that what you do for a living? Correspondence, something along those lines?

Basically, yes. I write what my institution needs me to write. Generally speaking, that's thank you letters to large donors.

• Options
    Oooh nice job LaComtesse! I think we need to start an "Ask LaComtesse" post weekly so we can ask for help with our thank you notes since we are all having our showers. Smile
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageLaComtesse:
    imageLaceface7:
    imageLaComtesse:

imageLaceface7:

Ha! I love it.

Basically, yes. I write what my institution needs me to write. Generally speaking, that's thank you letters to large donors.

Haha - good to know. No wonder you came up with a response so quickly! Thanks again!
  • Options

imageveronicafvr:
    Oooh nice job LaComtesse! I think we need to start an "Ask LaComtesse" post weekly so we can ask for help with our thank you notes since we are all having our showers. Smile

Thanks! I'd be happy to oblige! Just got through round one of TY notes for shower #1. I made Monsieur do a third of them. He whined like a mule. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"