Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How do you know when to change diaper sizes?

I read the sizing on the pampers site, but I'm still not sure when to change the diaper size.  My 2 month old is 8 1/2 lbs and very tall, she's still in NB size pampers and they seem to fit no problems.  We have occasional blow outs- but that has happened since she was born.

I have 200 diapers left, then I was thinking of switching her to the next size up, even if she is under the weight.  Good plan or still stick with the NB size?

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: How do you know when to change diaper sizes?

• Options
    When the diapers start to leak, regularly not just randomly, that usually means it's time for the next size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We stuck with NB size until DS got fussy from a single pee session and we were changing them almost every hour....and we also had a few times that he peed up out of the waistline, but you won't have that issue with a girl I think.   Size 1 pampers are a little big on him, but no different than the NBs when he started in them.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageabell77:
    When the diapers start to leak, regularly not just randomly, that usually means it's time for the next size.

This. We moved up to the size ones a bit before the weight on the package but he stopped leaking then. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

like PP said... plus I switch when LO looks like a stuffed sausage.  He has thunder thighs and the tabs start rubbing on his legs.

However I use the next size up overnight to try and keep LO comfortable longer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We pretty much change when his little legs won't fit in the leg holes and the tabs are creeping too much on the side.  There is a weight guideline, that will give you a starting place. We are 12.25 pounds, and about to move into size 2.  
  • Options
    go to the next size if she is tall or try a different diaper. I use huggies snug and dry now instead of lil snugglers because they are taller. I love em.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    It depends on your kid.  With LO#1, when he was very small, he never outgrew the diapers width wise - he just started to look like he was wearing a low-rise diaper.  He is now growing out of his 3s - and at this point, they are not covering his butt as well as I would like.  He isn't having blowouts, but after I use this last pack, I am moving him to 4s.  I moved him out of NB diapers after he peed through his diaper 3-4 times in a row.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You just know, it goes by weight on the package but my daughter I just switched to 2's because they were becoming a pain to put on her, she was leaking all the time and it just didn't fit right anymore same thing when I switched her from NB to 1's.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"