VBAC

VBAC dream down the tube....

38 weeks today, and despite hypnotherapy, spinningbabies, and an attempted ECV baby stubbornly remains breech. They scheduled my RCS for Friday Bummer. :(
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VBAC dream down the tube....

• I'm sorry. :(

Have you tried accupuncture and moxibustion?  I have a friend who turned her baby by putting a huge block of ice where her baby's head was.

If you have a RCS, I am sure it can be a wonderful experience. Have you looked at any c/s birth plans?

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So sorry.  I agree with pp- there have been many examples recently on this board of RCS where the mother has had more control and felt more respected by having more say in the process.  Since you know that a c/s is in your future, be sure to discuss your wishes with your doctor so you can have a positive birth experience.

Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMAprincess:

So sorry.  I agree with pp- there have been many examples recently on this board of RCS where the mother has had more control and felt more respected by having more say in the process.  Since you know that a c/s is in your future, be sure to discuss your wishes with your doctor so you can have a positive birth experience.

Good luck!

I am new to this board. Could you elaborate more on the highlighted? I am very curious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you scroll down and read some of the RCS stories, you see that the moms felt more educated and knew what to request, etc making them feel they were more part of the process rather than "having something done to them" as some feel during a c/s.  I know that during my c/s the doctors never said anything- I never knew what was going on when, I didn't get to see DS right away, they acted as if I wasn't even there or I was a car they were working on.  Not all c/s experiences are that way, for sure.  But many women have reported requesting not having their arms strapped down, being able to have skin-to-skin contact immediately, lowering the curtain a little bit so you can see more, etc. 

I think with being more educated, those who ended up with RCSs have been empowered to have a positive birth experience they are a part of regardless of how their baby makes their way into the world.  With the high number of c/s's these days, I think it is a great thing.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Thanks for your reply!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies. I've done everything short of acupuncture, but as wedged as she was during the ECV I'm now convinced she's breech for a reason and not going to turn. :( Dr. rescheduled RCS for Tuesday as he's going out of town. I did look at csection birth plans as suggested and he seemed amenable to most of it. (soft music, baby staying with me in recovery, etc). I think it'll help the transition for me a bit. Now I need to read some of the RCS birth stories- I'd been avoiding them before as they made me anxious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"