May 2011 Moms

I pinched my baby

and I cried longer and harder than he did! He was just in a diaper in his bouncer, I went to unclip the buckle and caught his little belly skin between the buckle and my thumb nail. He froze and then screamed! I whipped him out as fast as I could and just held him tight. He stopped crying and was his happy self within 15 seconds but I cried off and on for the next 15 minutes. I felt TERRIBLE!
Started Dating 12/7/01
Married 6/6/09
DS 5/11/11
DD 9/13/13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I pinched my baby

• Aww, don't worry, babies don't remember. He still loves his momma.

I threw the almost empty paper towel roll at DH the other day (since we were using them for spit rangs with the thrush) and he missed the catch and the paper towel popped Elliott in the face (he was on the floor in his bouncy) Tongue Tied Same thing, he took a second then started screaming and DH scooped him up and felt awful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCassondra09:
    and I cried longer and harder than he did! He was just in a diaper in his bouncer, I went to unclip the buckle and caught his little belly skin between the buckle and my thumb nail. He froze and then screamed! I whipped him out as fast as I could and just held him tight. He stopped crying and was his happy self within 15 seconds but I cried off and on for the next 15 minutes. I felt TERRIBLE!

I had this experience with nail clipping. I clipped a little bit of skin and she freaked for a few secondsd and then was ok. But I felt pretty bad - especially since it went red and scabbed over. :( 

• Loading the player...
  • DH dropped his cell phone on Will a few days after we brought him home.  Will was in his bouncer and DH leaned over to kiss him and forgot his phone was in his shirt pocket.  It hit Will right on the forehead, he lived!  
  • It happens.  I've done so many things like that.  Don't stress over it. :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedahansen85:

imageCassondra09:

I had this experience with nail clipping. I clipped a little bit of skin and she freaked for a few secondsd and then was ok. But I felt pretty bad - especially since it went red and scabbed over. :( 

i did this too with the nail clipper...i felt terrible. 

• The other night DH rolled over in bed while I was holding James and accidentally elbowed him in the head.  Same as you - instant screaming.  Just popped him on the boob and he was instantly happy again.  No harm done!  DH says he felt like the worst person in the world though.
  • When C was in the nicu, DH accidentally bumped him head on the overhead thing when he picked him up and felt so bad.  He thought he was going to have brain damage :(

Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

11/2013- Diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis
    07/2014- emergency surgery to remove hemorrhaging cyst first RE missed, removed endo from fallopian tubes, hsg done, d&c performed to remove polyphs in uterus, femvue done, put on dexamethasone and metformin
    08/2014- miscarriage, second RE refuses to mark down in charts, switch again
    03/2016- IUI #1, waiting for results on April 17
  • I accidentally caught the skin of DD's upper arm in the buckle of the bouncer.  /i couldn't figure out why she started screaming until I noticed the cut and red mark about an hour later when I changed her.  I felt god awful every time I saw the mark for the next couple days  :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"