September 2011 Moms
Options

~*~*~FFFC~*~*~

Re: ~*~*~FFFC~*~*~

• Options
    Here you go ladies nothing toooo good.

If DH and I *ever* split for any reason(not that I want or plan for us to) im about 90% sure i'd turn to lesbianism. I don't trust men as it is and dh was my one real "shot" at them ;)

Im tired of being judged and everyone assuming my kids are unplanned "accidents" because of my age. My mom told me I should get long term birth control and something i cant remove myself (took out my own iud) because apparently I am super fertile (actually it took us three months each time, yes still fast but she made it seem like these were unexpected surprises) and I didn't get pregnant at the "drop of a hat pin" as she claimed..
  • Options
    Last night I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and ate about 2 cookies worth of the raw dough. Yes it had raw eggs in it, and yes it was heavenly. The reason I made the cookies in the first place? I have my gtt today and am afraid I won't pass. I needed to use up the chocolate chips just in case I don't pass, I didn't want to be haunted by them for the next 2 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Confession: I've been typing up replies lately to contribute to this board, but then I feel like they are lame and don't click "post." Not really sure why.

ETA: I had another dream last night about an ex. Woke up feeling super-guilty.

Also, I'm posting and running because I have a funeral, if I don't come back I hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend. Ta-ta! :)

• Options
    kleu9kleu9 member

I know DH's password to his email, facebook etc because he's openly shared it with me. I've gone into his email before with the only purpose of finding out gifts he's gotten me for birthday, Christmas, anniversary etc. I don't know why I feel the need to the ruin the surprise for myself. I'm a bad person haha.

• Options
    I'm planning to have a big glass of red wine at the 4 th of July picnic
  • Options
    Oh and one more.. my cousin had her baby on the 29th.. the baby looks like the alleged father. (DH and I thought it was another guy.) However because of this, the baby looks like a little bull dog. (Cousins bf.. or ex whatever he is is OMG hideous..) Dh told me not to be mean, it wasn't the babys fault. But she's no beauty.. there, I got it out.
  • Options

Mine: I am not sure how active I will be on this board after Madilyn is here. I usually post during the day while I am at work and lurk from my phone when I'm not. So I don't imagine I will be that active until I return to work after my 3 months...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kleu9kleu9 member

imageAmandaPaige6410:
    Last night I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and ate about 2 cookies worth of the raw dough. Yes it had raw eggs in it, and yes it was heavenly. The reason I made the cookies in the first place? I have my gtt today and am afraid I won't pass. I needed to use up the chocolate chips just in case I don't pass, I didn't want to be haunted by them for the next 2 months.

I did this last week and literally only used half the batch for actual cookies. DH and I put the dough in the fridge and snacked on it for the next couple days. Guess what...baby is still kicking! Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagenatkay02:

Confession: I've been typing up replies lately to contribute to this board, but then I feel like they are lame and don't click "post." Not really sure why.

You should be replying!  Your posts are always good.

My confession: The board has been pretty boring lately..... slow moving too. That doesn't make me love you ladies any less though!

• Options
    imagenatkay02:

I do this all the time.
  • Options
    imagenatkay02:

I've done this in the past several days too. Again, not sure why.
  • Options
    imagenatkay02:

I do this too! I don't even know why. I like to think nobody will think I'm lame, but who knows. I do this in meetings or in classes too- like I want to say something and get ready to raise my hand, then don't.

My FFFC: I don't always wash my hands in the bathroom BECAUSE I have literally 2 mins to go and get back to my desk. I have hand sanitizer at my desk which I use probably too much. So I don't think I am dirty or unsanitary. If I am not on time crunch, then I wash my hands. BUT- I see other women in the bathroom at work not wash their hands and I feel so grossed out. Maybe they have the hand sani situation too, maybe they don't. I shouldn't judge because I don't think I should be judged but I do.

• Options
    imagePina:
    imagenatkay02:

My confession: The board has been pretty boring lately..... slow moving too. That doesn't make me love you ladies any less though!

This. and I guess another confession would be I think it's boring because of all the newbs who post their idiotic repetitive questions.

• Options

I shoplifted yesterday.

Story- I went to a supermarket to pick up a few items to make greenbean casserole for an after work potluck I'm attending at my co-workers house today. When I went to the register to ring things up I didn't notice a can of cream of mushroom in one of the back corners. It wasn't until I unloaded the groceries that I noticed the can. I didn't go back to pay for it, I figured I had gone too far out to my car just to walk back.

• Options
    imagetblauvelt:

I shoplifted yesterday.

Story- I went to a supermarket to pick up a few items to make greenbean casserole for an after work potluck I'm attending at my co-workers house today. When I went to the register to ring things up I didn't notice a can of cream of mushroom in one of the back corners. It wasn't until I unloaded the groceries that I noticed the can. I didn't go back to pay for it, I figured I had gone too far out to my car just to walk back.

Oh you bad bad girl lol My motto: if they don't see it and you aren't trying to hide it then its free:P If it rings up the wrong price and its in my favor then thats a plus to lol

• Options
    imageAzrayla:
    Oh and one more.. my cousin had her baby on the 29th.. the baby looks like the alleged father. (DH and I thought it was another guy.) However because of this, the baby looks like a little bull dog. (Cousins bf.. or ex whatever he is is OMG hideous..) Dh told me not to be mean, it wasn't the babys fault. But she's no beauty.. there, I got it out.
    I've seen my fair share of ugly babies. I don't think they're all cute.
  • Options
    imagenatkay02:

This is ME to a T all day, every day. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too laid back to contribute. Lame, but true.

FFFC: Shocking. I really just don't have one. : )

MJ. Born 9-4-2011. 2 Weeks Old Here. Photobucket
  • Options
    imageamandaloren:
    imagePina:
    imagenatkay02:

This. and I guess another confession would be I think it's boring because of all the newbs who post their idiotic repetitive questions.

Sticking with the board topic, I think it's lame when someone takes an innocent comment and personalizes to themselves (although it's not intended to be personalized), gets insulted and then insults the OP.  LAME.  Also I can't stand the daily (UO, FFFC) threads that get taken over by one topic and three or four people and then it monopolizes the whole thread.  Start a new thread.

• Options
    imageamandaloren:
    imagePina:
    imagenatkay02:

I agree. They're coming out of the woodwork these days, where have they all been this time?
  • Options
    kleu9kleu9 member
    Another one...I tell my dog I love him everyday. I like to believe he understands me. He understands sit, shake etc so why shoudln't he understand I love you...I know there are many other dog lovers on this board, but I also know there are many others who side eye the treating animals as family etc.
  • Options
    imagenatkay02:

I do that all the time. I even sometimes make myself click post because I feel lame.

• Options
    imageamandaloren:
    imagePina:
    imagenatkay02:

I don't post some of my replies because some of them are kind of snarky.  But maybe that would spice things up a bit?

• Options

imageAmandaPaige6410:

Mmmm..Now I want chocolate chip cookies!!

I don't really have a FFFC today - I'm just making the best of my situation, and enjoying actually being able to read through all the posts for once :) 

• Options
    imagesolsburyhill:
    imageamandaloren:
    imagePina:
    imagenatkay02:

I don't post some of my replies because some of them are kind of snarky.  But maybe that would spice things up a bit?

Oh geez, I really had a quote FAIL here ...

• Options
    I 100% plan on eating Sakura at some point this weekend, I know its horrible for me but I'm going to indulge Big Smile

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imagekleu9:
    Another one...I tell my dog I love him everyday. I like to believe he understands me. He understands sit, shake etc so why shoudln't he understand I love you...I know there are many other dog lovers on this board, but I also know there are many others who side eye the treating animals as family etc.

haha. I totally do this!  Every day when I'm leaving for work I tell him to be a good boy and that I love him.   

• Options

Actually, I may have a FFFC, but it's nothing too exciting. We were originally planning on going camping this weekend with my family upstate NY - about an hour and half from us. However, after last nights episode, DH was very firm about not going, and I'm to stay in bed. Technically, I'm on "modified" bed rest I guess, because I'm still allowed to get up to shower, eat, etc, as long as I'm resting in between. I think I'm convincing him to let us still go camping, even though I'm on bed rest. My MW didn't have a comment one way or another, just wants me to follow her orders about resting.

My argument, is that when we go camping, we usually sit around doing nothing at the campsite. It's generally relaxing, especially with the river running behind my moms camper. I have NO problem sitting on my a$$ all weekend in front of a campfire, or down by the river, and having family and friends "tend to my every need". The good thing is, though, that the hospital we're using is the same distance from the camp site, as it is from our house - so it's win-win, right! :)

Does this count as a FFFC? Going camping while on bedrest? Oh well, if not, sorry ladies...lol It's the best I have. :) 

• Options
    My SIL is an RN in maternity at a hospital in our city that delivers the most babies in the state.

So many of her stories are so heartbreaking.. Crack addicts, no fathers, 19 yr old having baby#5.. All demanding free everything... From car seats to formula.. It makes me want to scream. I wish we could take all those babies and give them to people who would love and care for them properly... It's a vicious cycle that never ends.

I try SO hard to have an open mind... But when statistics slap you in the face it's impossible to not be jaded.
  • Options

I want to jump on the noobs are a little annoying bandwagon. Because they are, and it makes me feel mean to say that, but it's true. I mean, seriously- 30 weeks already and they are popping up out of nowhere. At least take a minute to read through a couple pages and figure out our vibe.

• Options
    I bought a box of mozzarella cheese sticks last night and made the whole box with the intention of sharing them with DH.  He said he didn't want any and before I knew it I had consumed the entire thing (9- count em, 9 cheese sticks).  I felt so sick and threw up.  It was disgusting and I was ashamed and in pain. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH's annoying brother invited himself to ride with us this weekend to visit their extended family.  He does this every time we go up there and, while I understand it saves gas money, I'd much rather enjoy the 5 hour drive in peace.  I've loaded my ipod with episodes of Real Housewives and plan to be anti-social the entire way there and back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Options
    I am having terrible difficulty matching real names and bump names on FB. I think I look at the list every time I write a post. I feel terrible too, because so many of those ladies aren't really on here and have been extremely supportive, but I don't always know who they are! I'll argue diminished mental capacity on this one..
  • Options
    imageamandaloren:
    imagePina:
    imagenatkay02:

I am so with you all!

My FFFC...oh this is so gross but with how lame these boards have been as of late I made a decision to confess to you all...DH is the only person who knows this about me, but I have chewed on a booger in the last week. I also chew on scabs...two habits I should probably give up now that I have to be a mom and try and tell a LO not to do that.

• Options
    imageAzrayla:

If DH and I *ever* split for any reason(not that I want or plan for us to) im about 90% sure i'd turn to lesbianism. I don't trust men as it is and dh was my one real "shot" at them ;)

If DH and I broke up I would only marry for money next time because I would be so over men too. I also would make sure I hooked up with a girl just so I could try it.

• Options

imageMarettie:

I am so with you all!

My FFFC...oh this is so gross but with how lame these boards have been as of late I made a decision to confess to you all...DH is the only person who knows this about me, but I have chewed on a booger in the last week. I also chew on scabs...two habits I should probably give up now that I have to be a mom and try and tell a LO not to do that.

Wow, I'm not going to lie, that is pretty gross! lol I think in my opinion, that takes the FFFC award for today so far! :)

• Options
    imageMarettie:
    imageAzrayla:

If DH and I broke up I would only marry for money next time because I would be so over men too. I also would make sure I hooked up with a girl just so I could try it.

If DH and I broke up I'd pursue younger men.  If DH died (god forbid) I'd definitely go gay.  He knows about the gay thing, not about the cougar thing. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKatywren:
    imageMarettie:
    imageAzrayla:

If DH and I broke up I'd pursue younger men.  If DH died (god forbid) I'd definitely go gay.  He knows about the gay thing, not about the cougar thing. 

I'd definitely marry for money if there were a next time (which I'm sure there won't be) and younger too. My H is an old man, and we live on love alone it seems. Gotta be a better way.  

• Options

Ok, here's mine.  I am starting to worry constantly about raising my daughter in a way that celebrates her mixed heritage instead of it being a source of concern for her.  

I'm a therapist and have studied biracial identity development for years.  I've also encountered many clients in treatment who struggle with these issues. I thought I was ok with it and prepared but I just can't get rid of the nagging feeling that she may not be fully accepted by either race and that I won't be able to do anything about it.  

Ok, that's out... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am so over this pregnancy. I am excited to have a baby, but I am sick of talking about it, sick of thinking about it, sick of dealing with it. I have done this twice before, so the novelty of being pregnant is not there. I have been throwing up for the entire pregnancy, which shows no sign of going away anytime soon. I am just sick of it.

I have actually stayed off the bump quite a bit lately, just because I am tired of only ever getting to talk about the baby. It's not you ladies, it's the folks IRL. Whatever happened to talking about politics, theology, medical science? There was a break in the clouds when suddenly everyone wanted my opinion on the troop draw-down in Afghanistan, but other than that the only things anyone wants to talk to me about are names, labor, due dates, how big I am (or am not), toys, clothes, nurseries, breast vs bottle, cloth vs disposables.

I am still a person with many interests. I just happen to be a pregnant person with many interests.

• Options
    imageJo&Matt6609:

imageMarettie:

I am so with you all!

Wow, I'm not going to lie, that is pretty gross! lol I think in my opinion, that takes the FFFC award for today so far! :)

You totally win so far..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"