September 2011 Moms
Options

Can I paint?

I'm 29 weeks along and without a doubt i'm 100% nesting!!!  I was planning on painting the nursery but my dh told me I shouldn't because of the fumes.  If I wear a mask shouldn't I be fine?  We're not using any kind of organic paint or anything...just Behr.  I didn't see any harm in it.

Re: Can I paint?

• Options
    yes. Just tell them when you get the paint mixed that you are pregnant and they do something to it that makes it safe for you to paint. Just make sure the room is ventilated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They make special paint for us to use now a days! If you go to Sherwin Williams they will point you in the right direction. I think it's only $5 more, but it literally has very little smell to it and it's really good paint.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sraexxsraexx member
    Yes, we painted the whole house, but kept doors and windows open and used latex paint. We told them at Home Depot I was pregs and we got Valspar paint, I think. I did take breaks and keep my distance though because it did bother me at times. I am still smell sensitive.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I would say no!!  We got really good paint from Benjamin Moore with no VOCs.  But any colored paint does have a small amount of VOCs in the paint.  Even such, DH painted and I stayed away for the weekend.  I would not chance it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Check this out - 

https://www.mythicpaint.com/siteAdmin/Upload/Advertisement/doc/197db9b4-1410-4a18-b410-65880a381670_ad7_big.pdf

This is my favorite paint! It's non toxic, zero VOCs, and really durable.  We've painted our whole house with Mythic.  They have great color selections and www.thelandofnod.com has their own mythic childrens color line!   

Best of all, no smells and perfectly safe :) 

• Options
    I did some painting and so far little man has not grown a third arm so I think you should be alright.  Try not to huff the paint and you you want to be extra careful buy the paint with no VOC's and wear a mask.  Otherwise ventilate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, we painted our living room and the nursery recently.  My doctor said it was fine as long as the area is well-ventilated and latex paint is used.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Options
    I helped paint our nursery. We bought a no-VOC paint and it was no biggie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I helped paint the nursery a little and I wore a mask, because there are only 2 little windows in the nursery. We did have a fan blowing, though. They have little masks you can buy at Home Depot in the paint section. I think there were 5 for $2.

I only painted half of a wall before my BIL showed up and it was a little crowded in there, so I stopped.

• Options

imageJenniferAnnes:
    Yep, we painted our living room and the nursery recently.  My doctor said it was fine as long as the area is well-ventilated and latex paint is used.

This. I am taking note of this as we will probably be painting in the next few weeks.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"