August 2011 Moms
Options

crib matress question

So, we finally got our crib mattress and I just assumed that they are all a standard size.  But when we put it in the crib, there is a 1 inch gap all the way around between it and the crib slats. 

I have read that the matress should be snug in the crib, but it doesn't feel snug to me.  Is this how everyone's crib mattress is fitting?

Re: crib matress question

• Options
    I haven't gotten mine yet and I'm a FTM, so this may not be super helpful.  However, when I put the crib together, it had exact dimensions that it called for for the mattress.  I know they are all supposed to be a standard size, but I think there is some variation.  Does your crib have guidelines like that on the instructions?  I used them to go online and double check the mattress measurements for the one I want to buy, and they are larger than the minimum dimensions listed for our crib, so I think we will be good.  HTH!
  • Options
    Mine is super snug against the railing of the crib. I would return the mattress and get one that fits better but that is just my opinion. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is pretty snug, also.  I just put it in this week, and then (stupidly) I tried to put the crib skirt in underneath it by lifting the mattress up, and it was SO hard because there was no "wiggle room" for the mattress in the crib.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    they are suppose to be snug so I would return it an get another...Ive heard this before in the past with folks having to return mattress's due to the same issue with certain cribs....better to be safe than sorry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD is snug but we looked at the size before we bought it. Your crib should of came with size recommendation for the mattress. Most are standard but some require smaller or bigger and you may have to order online. 
  • Options
    on your crib it should have a sticker that says that you mattress needs to be at least a certain set of dimensions. At least mine did. Then I took those dimensions and found a mattress as close to that as I could. They all seem to vary slightly and even with how thick they are, some are 4", some are like 7" so you really have to look at the dimensions on them to get one that fits right. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"