November 2011 Moms
Options

Moms with 2+- how to organize clothes?

How do you organize your kiddos clothes?  I got a ton of hand me downs, NB to 2T, and I'm trying to sort through them.  We have a standard sized closet and hopefully one day a 6 drawer dresser.  Any helpful hints would be great. 

I did buy four large fabric storage bins.  Any idea how to use those?  Will buy more if needed.  (https://tinyurl.com/3zakegg)

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms with 2+- how to organize clothes?

• Options
    I use tubs with the sizes written on the front for easy identification for long term storage. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We use the Rubbermaid tubs that fit under the bed.  I label the front with the size range.

We have these for dividing the clothes in the closet:

https://www.oreoriginals.com/estore/loadCatalog.do?page=2&categoryId=43

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshanniebananie:
    I use tubs with the sizes written on the front for easy identification for long term storage. 

This.

• Options

I used under the bed storage for all of the outgrown clothes and all the hand me downs that he will grown into, sorted by size.  

In his room, we have a small three drawer dresser.  The first drawer is used for lotions, thermometer, medicines, etc.  The second drawer is used for his cloth diaper storage.  The bottom is used  for pants.  All shirts and pjs are hung in his closet.  I didn't use dividers, just hung them in sections.  I used two cloth bins for the little "stuff".   One had socks and shoes and I think one had hats and little mitten things in it.   

When he was really little and had more "outfits", I would sometimes hang those together in the closet, just to help my fashion challenged husband if he ever dressed him.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    adri77adri77 member

We probably have 25 bins of little boy clothing in our basement, with stickers all over them so we know the sizes.  This is one reason I'm hoping for a girl this time....so i can get rid of the bins!!!!  Well, the stuff DS2 has outgrown!

• Options
    We also have big bins in the closet full of clothes he has grown out of and clothes he has yet to grow into.  His dresser is for clothes he fits into and then we hang his nicer clothes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EXCELLENT suggestion mbgreenwalt!!! I have been looking for something like the dividers in the link you posted for a little while now.  Thanks!
  • Options
    The closet dividers!!!  I've been using my own in my closet for years and never knew they existed for kids, LOL!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, closet dividers, or color coded hangers for different sizes!
  • Options

I saw those closet organizer hangers on etsy.  My mom has been looking everywhere to find some and make them herself!

Thanks ladies. Now we just need to get into our new house so I can set up everything!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"