Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Still feeling bad after almost 3 mos.

Ok, a little back story for those who probably don't remember me (which none of you probably do), on April 5th I had an emergency c-section after 17 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing. I felt everything during the c-section and afterwards developed pockets of fluid in my incision.

Fast forward to now, I am still not back to normal. I have no stamina anymore. I can barely make it through my 8 hour shift at work and then I come home and take care of Parker and basically pass out when he does. Is this normal? Should I still be feeling exhausted? I know a c-section is major surgery, but I should have energy by now, right?

Also, I have the Mirena, I've had it since 6 weeks pp.. I have been having brown, gooey, nastiness coming out, this normal? 

I guess I should call my OB instead of asking a bunch of internet strangers, but going to the doctor would require me to ask off of work, which I can't afford after being off work 7 weeks for maternity leave (I'm a single parent).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Still feeling bad after almost 3 mos.

• Hello, I don't remember you, but I give you sooo much credit for being a working single mom!!!  I was just saying today, I don't know how people do it!  I am so tired and sometimes can't wait for my husband to get home for help, or just to take the baby for a few mins so I can take care of myself.  But to that note, you need to take care of yourself!!  I think you should call your Dr (maybe you can speak to a nurse or someone to get advise and see if you need to actually go in??) just to make sure you're ok.  Maybe you can find somewhere with night/weekend hours?But if it helps, i'm exhausted too! (our kids were born the same day)

I hope things get better for you!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JayKuhJayKuh member

Thank you :)

It hasn't been too hard for me because I am beyond blessed with an awesome baby. He's very relaxed, sleeps well at night, etc. My family is also very helpful and supportive.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Like pp said, good for you for being a single mom!  I can't imagine.  I'd probably be exhausted too.  I can't help you on the c section thing or the minera, so I can't really help you at all.  But I wanted to mention our LO's have the same b-day and I LOVE the name Parker!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How are you feeling emotionally?  With DS1 I became overly exhausted and realized later on that I was depressed.  I started taking meds for ppd and felt much better.  Also, 3 months is still very young.  You might just be tired from taking care of such a little baby and working at the same time.  Give yourself some credit!
    DS1 June 12, 2009
    DS2 May 19, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"