Parenting after a Loss

MrsT

Did you really not tell anyone you were KU until your DD was born.  Obviously with your past I understand I just cant believe you were able to hide it for that long.  Did you not see anyone for months?  Fill me in here!  I am super intrigued!

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

Re: MrsT

• Not a soul. We don't have any fam in the state or any friends yet in the area we live in. Hiding was easy the first 6 months. I didn't have a very large bump at all, and I just dressed very carefully (wore regular clothes mostly). I wore so many wide belts it's not even funny.  I don't drink, so that wasn't a factor. No m/s or other noticeable symptoms. The last tri, I just kept making excuses why we couldn't visit fam in NC (we were suddenly soooo "busy" with work, school, church, etc). We usually visit only every other month anyway. DH's fam is in FL, so they weren't really a factor.

The only one who figured it out was my oldest sister, and that's because she's my BFF and knows me like the back of her hand. She never told anyone or made me talk about it because she knew my reasons obviously. I just love her!

We called everyone the day DD arrived. They were all stunned of course, and then lots of tears and screams...except my sis. I called and told her I had some big news, and she started screaming and was like "I hope you're going to tell me my niece or nephew is finally here!" Then it was my turn to be shocked that she knew. Turns out she had even narrowed my due date down to April or May. But no, we never told anyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrstyson03:

Not a soul. We don't have any fam in the state or any friends yet in the area we live in. Hiding was easy the first 6 months. I didn't have a very large bump at all, and I just dressed very carefully (wore regular clothes mostly). I wore so many wide belts it's not even funny.  I don't drink, so that wasn't a factor. No m/s or other noticeable symptoms. The last tri, I just kept making excuses why we couldn't visit fam in NC (we were suddenly soooo "busy" with work, school, church, etc). We usually visit only every other month anyway. DH's fam is in FL, so they weren't really a factor.

The only one who figured it out was my oldest sister, and that's because she's my BFF and knows me like the back of her hand. She never told anyone or made me talk about it because she knew my reasons obviously. I just love her!

We called everyone the day DD arrived. They were all stunned of course, and then lots of tears and screams...except my sis. I called and told her I had some big news, and she started screaming and was like "I hope you're going to tell me my niece or nephew is finally here!" Then it was my turn to be shocked that she knew. Turns out she had even narrowed my due date down to April or May. But no, we never told anyone.

That is incredible!!! I'm impressed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally butting in.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

I didn't know that 'we' were the only ones that knew! I am bawling my eyes out even thinking about that phone call.  What did you (or DH) say???? "Hi Mom, I just wanted to let you know that we have a beautiful Gabrielle to introduce you to".

You are my hero! 

• Were you working?  Did they not know either?

I cant believe you are so stealth!  Craziness! 

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• imageknelli:

Totally butting in.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

I didn't know that 'we' were the only ones that knew! I am bawling my eyes out even thinking about that phone call.  What did you (or DH) say???? "Hi Mom, I just wanted to let you know that we have a beautiful Gabrielle to introduce you to".

You are my hero! 

LOL. Basically, yes.We sent them all a picture introducing her. 60 seconds later our phones started ringing. There were lots of screams and tears. We pretty much ended up doing a conference call with everyone on the line. It was the best. day. ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"