December 2010 Moms

other peoples husbands...

So my husband's friend apparently has been  "stepping out" on his wife!?  His friend's wife just called my DH to ask questions.  Now, I am very easy going....my DH went on a guys vegas trip 3 moths ago (with said cheater and other guys) and they have been on a guys beer fest with an over-nighter....etc...  My DH said his friend was texting a girl while they were in Vegas but thought it was a friend and had no clue!?!!?  So now my DH is at his friends house to talk about what is going on.  I am so disappointed and can't help but wonder....what it my DH is stepping out too!?!?!?  I know this is crazy talk....but I have been feeling like he is so uninvolved in our family!?!?!?   (Also I like how another poster said ...I would never say this to anyone IRL) I am so disappointed in men in general.  Self centered a=holes!!!!
imageimage

Re: other peoples husbands...

• ditto what pp said.

If you trust him then there is no reason to doubt him just because his friend is a scumbag! I would tell your DH he needs to be home with you and LO, not trying to mediate some other people's problem (or whatever the reason he went over there)... that's the only reason I would be mad.

• I know it may be hard, but try not to make H 'guilty by association.' but at the same time, you may want to tell H how it makes you feel that he's associatinghimself with someone like that.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagembenit4:
    If you never got that vibe before, I wouldn't jump to conclusion just because of DH's friend.

This. But if there are issues in your marriage it's probably a good idea to work on them, even if your DH would never consider cheating. It's just a good idea in general.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This same thing happened to DH and I a few years back.  A friend of ours confessed to DH that he was in love with his ex-gf and wanted to leave his wife.  DH is all of his friend's "counsler" it seems like whenever anything goes wrong in thier lives that run to DH to talk it through.  So DH spent some time with his friend and talked it out. 

I could tell by DH's recap of what he and his friend talked about the DH is not the cheating type (though I already knew that).  Don't judge your DH by his douchy friends (DH has atleast 2 friends that had affairs that we know of) but on his actions. 

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • do we know the same guy!?..lol...my DH has a friend like this as well.  However this couple has a very "odd" marriage anyways.  Like their really open people & up to whatever.  "if you catch my drift".  anyways, they would do stuff together as a couple but she never knew he went behind her back & did stuff.  But he had like a fake facebook & would meet girls.  We live in a college town so it must of been pretty easy hooking up.  But he would do this probably every week or every other.  Now my DH & him would hang out & a group of people & go to the bar but I know my DH wouldn't do anything crazy like that.  Fast forward to today, & she finally found out & their now divorced.  Crazy!

I should add like others have said--just because your friend has this lifestyle doesn't mean your DH is doing it too!  My DH & his friends knew this guy was doing it for awhile but they felt it wasn't in their place to tell his wife as was everyone else.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"