August 2011 Moms

Coconut Oil

I can't remember if it was on this board or 3rd Tri where I mentioned it in a post, but after I kept getting mastitis while pumping with DS, my MIL brought over a jar of coconut oil for me--apparently, H's cousin (who had mastitis so severe she had to have surgery and stay in the hospital a few days) had switched from regular lanolin/nipple cream to coconut oil--and it's a much better/healthier alternative. She posted this link on her FB tonight, and I thought you all would be interested to read the other uses for it. #27 is interesting and new info to me :)

https://networkedblogs.com/jySeb 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Coconut Oil

• Thanks, I'm going to check it out! My yoga teacher swears by drinking coconut milk (it comes in a can) to increase milk flow! 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Holy cow! Is there anything it can't do?? haha :) thanks for sharing!  

10.2.10 Married my best friend! 12.26.10 BFP 8.27.11 Baby Logan's born
  • Loading the player...
  • megd06megd06 member

imagehomediva:
    Thanks, I'm going to check it out! My yoga teacher swears by drinking coconut milk (it comes in a can) to increase milk flow!

Interesting! I'll have to ask H's cousin if she's noticed it helping her supply, she can't drink dairy (all 3 of her girls have food allergies, and she's nursing the baby still) and I know she drinks coconut milk (the icky kind, that comes in a can)

imageMrsMiller1002:

Holy cow! Is there anything it can't do?? haha :) thanks for sharing!  

I know right! I thought the stretch mark info was interesting!

• ETweetETweet member
    Wow! Very interesting... Thanks for sharing. I will definately be trying some of these suggestions out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I LOVE Coconut Oil!  I have used it on diaper rash, cuts, eczema, to thicken my breastmilk, and to put weight on DD when she stopped gaining.  It's amazing stuff and tastes really good too!
  • This will probably make me sound like a crunchy hippie but coconut oil is the only body moisturizer I use anymore (except on my face). It works better than any commercial product I've tried, especially in the dry CO winters, and smells nice and is all natural. I LOVE the stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"