November 2011 Moms
Options

Daycare Rant!!!! (Completely ridiculous but, SO annoyed).

Ridiculous pregnancy hormone fueled daycare rant to be more exact.  Disclaimer: I KNOW this isn;t a big deal at all, it just pissed me off and I have to get it out.

My son loves goldfish crackers. Yesterday at the store I found a goldfish shaped goldfish container and I bought it for him.  He LOVES it.  Loves, loves, loves it.  He slept with it last night.  He's been carrying it everywhere.  This morning, we very carefully put his name on it, filled it with goldfish and sent it with his lunch to daycare.  

I just put him in bed and he's asking where his goldfish is so, I go downstairs to get it.  It's the wrong one.  Someone else's goldfish box got sent home with us.  I figure, he won't care.  No such luck.  First thing he does is turns it over and says, "Where my name go Mommy? Had my name on it!"

First of all, try explaining the mix up to a two year old.  I finally went with goldfish exchange program.  I told him his goldfish was visiting a friend and when it came back, it would have lots of stories to tell him about the adventure.  Meanwhile, this goldfish was visiting him to have its own adventures and the important point is, he HAS a goldfish box for now.  Fortunately, I have a very easy going kid.

The thing that really, REALLY has me annoyed is, if my 2 year old has enough sense to look for his name on the goldfish box, why the hell doesn't his teacher? Masters in ECE yet, doesn't have the sense of my toddler. This might not have pissed me off so much if not for the fact that we get called out on it any time we accidentally send a sippy cup from which the name has worn off.  Don't make such an ever loving huge big deal about everything being clearly labeled if you aren't going to even look at it!  Seriously, the letters on his goldfish were an inch tall.  How much clearer could it be?

Overall, we do love our daycare.  They are fabulous.  It's just the pregnant Mama bear in me wants my son to have HIS goldfish, because he loves it and there is nothing I can do about getting the right one now.  I just needed to vent about it.  Thanks for letting me.  DOn't bother telling me I'm over-reacting, I already know. 

Re: Daycare Rant!!!! (Completely ridiculous but, SO annoyed).

• Options

aahahahaha...that is awesome. at first i thought "wow she's really overreacting to this" then i started to think...."well if my kid wanted HIS goldfish container then i would certainly want him to have it too!"

goldfish exchange program is a truly brilliant last-minute lie. i will reserve that one for future use.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    avaleiavalei member
    I laughed :) And I agree - brilliant save! I don't think I ever actually lost my bear when I was little, but I LOVED the stories my mom would tell about my bear and Raggedy Ann and Andy going on adventures. I bet he will love whatever stories his goldfish has to tell!
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, totally overacting but hey its Friday, dont let it get to you. Maybe the teacher just didnt look while she was working with all the other children too. I have to give you credit on the excuse that you made up for your son on the spot. pretty clever! You must get good at those things once your a mom...lol

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
  • Options

This is a totally ridiculous rant, but I love it! I feel like I would be pretty annoyed in that situation as well, especially if the daycare makes such a big deal about kid's things being properly labeled. 

Hang in there, only one more day before a long weekend! Big Smile

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• Options

If this is your biggest daycare problem, get down on your knees and thank God! 

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • Options
    Mom of a two year old here I totally get it!  Nice work being creative with the exchange program.  Parents of toddler get to do mental calisthenics!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Overeacting? Possibly...but I totally love it!!! I could feel myself frowning when you described how much your son LOVES his goldfish box and how he slept with it and now it's not there?! TEAR!!! And it would really bother me too, because I know I'm going to want anything for my son that makes him happy. Ahhh, gotta love pregnancy. I almost cried on the way to work this morning while singing along to TWO different songs in the car. And not girly, sappy songs either....a Coldplay song and a Led Zeppelin song?? WTF. Ah - TGIF!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    imageMommaErica:

First of all, try explaining the mix up to a two year old.  I finally went with goldfish exchange program.  I told him his goldfish was visiting a friend and when it came back, it would have lots of stories to tell him about the adventure.  Meanwhile, this goldfish was visiting him to have its own adventures and the important point is, he HAS a goldfish box for now.  Fortunately, I have a very easy going kid.

This is wonderful. I now feel slightly more prepared for motherhood, because I have this idea to pull out of my pocket in an emergency!! Awesome, and thanks..:o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"