1st Trimester

anyone feel the same??

i don't know if it is just denial, shock or whatever, but i don't think i am going to be able to wait between every appt! i feel like i am always going to wonder if im ok and still pregnant. maybe i will feel better after my first ultrasound? but that is at the end of august! am i the only one that is neurotic? someone please calm my nerves...it is like i wanted this so bad and we got pregant on the first shot and i just can't believe it!

Re: anyone feel the same??

• Honestly, I still don't know when my nerves will calm down, u/s or not. I have had 3 u/s already, the last one being fabulous and showing growth and a healthy baby, but I still freak out about everything. We go in again in a month, July 27th and maybe then after being out of 1st tri I will calm down...or maybe not. I think it may just be all part of the process bc it really isn't in our control what happens during the 1st tri. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, I don't think I can calm your nerves, but I can tell you that I'm just as neurotic as you. It takes all my will power to not go buy the entire stock of tests from cvs and take one everyday, or more. I have practically no symptoms (not bragging honest) and it just makes me more nervous because its easy to believe that its not real. I have a week until my first appt, so hopefully I will get some peace of mind. I hope you do too!
  • Loading the player...
  • jen302jen302 member
    i know! i hate not being in control! i was going to tell hubby's family on the 23rd of july while everyone was together and my second appt. is just 27th. i wish it was right before we tell them! now i will be sweating it... lol
  • jen302jen302 member
    i took three tests then another test on monday before i called my doc to make sure and then when they gave me one there, it was like i was shocked that one was positive too! i don't want to be this way because i don't want to stress myself out. it is just my personality and excitement too i guess. i keep obsessing on when to tell my family but should worry about telling them "too soon" ? i mean shouldn't i just be happy and positive and tell my immediate family? i don't want to think morbidly.
  • I don't think I've stopped worrying about DD since I found out I was pregnant with her...and she's over 2! It lessens as time goes on and there are more things you can control though.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I've been worried too. Once I enter the 2nd trimester I will feel a lot better, but still nervous I'm sure. =/
  • I felt that way and just had my first u/s on Wednesday and I can tell you that helped calm me down ... for now! I am sure it'll come back when I have to wait for my next appt - but for now seeing a heartbeat and knowing I am on track eased A LOT of my fears. Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"