Babies: 0 - 3 Months

XP: Switching to Alimentum- how long until it helps?

After trying two other formulas for reflux, spit up, gas, and constipation issues our pedi has recommended that we go to Alimentum.  We've been using gripe water and have tried gas drops, but nothing seems to consistently help our baby feel good.  She's also on Zantac and has had rice cereal mixed in to help with reflux.  We have high hopes for the Alimentum, but we're wondering how long until she gets some relief.  The doctor said it could be a week, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience switching to this one?  Any ideas for what we can do in the mean time?  I feel like we've tried everything...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Switching to Alimentum- how long until it helps?

• I feel your pain. My DD tried 6 formulas(including alimentum)after WEEKS of explosive diarrhea at least 10 times a day, every day,  before finally REALLY improving on nutramigen(very similar to alimentum, our pedi said they were pretty close to the same thing, some babies just do better on one vs the other).  DD was also on zantac, which didn't help the spitting up and was put on prevacid 10 days ago. We just started adding cereal in the bottle tonight. Pedi thinks DD has a milk protein allergy and a soy allergy. I've also read that all rice cereals have soy in them, except beechnut brand, so that may be an issue for your LO too?? but to answer your question and get off my soap box, we saw the (very ,very slight) improvement with alimentum in about one day!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has a milk/soy intolerance so when we switched to Alimentum we saw results really quickly. He had normal stools after probably 12 hours, and his temperament got a lot better within 24 hours. I would say it took about a week to REALLY see the difference, but I started to see changes pretty much right away. We're 2 weeks in now and he's a completely different baby than he was on milk/soy. Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • abs05abs05 member

imageMrsOx:
    DS has a milk/soy intolerance so when we switched to Alimentum we saw results really quickly. He had normal stools after probably 12 hours, and his temperament got a lot better within 24 hours. I would say it took about a week to REALLY see the difference, but I started to see changes pretty much right away. We're 2 weeks in now and he's a completely different baby than he was on milk/soy. Good luck!!

This.  We switched to Alimentum due to MSPI and we saw a difference within a day.  She still had colic so it wasn't a total miracle worker, but it definitely helped.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"