Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Zucchini and yellow squash

You would peel these before cooking and pureeing for baby food right?

Re: Zucchini and yellow squash

• imagemonlyn9:
    You would peel these before cooking and pureeing for baby food right?

Oh, and no I am not feeding my 3.5 months old solids. I'm just doing research based on what will be readily available at the farmers market this summer. 

• People told me about this when I started asking questions about baby food. www.wholesomebabyfood.com They have great info on all fruits and veggies and recommended ages based on what is easier to digest. So helpful and I always find the answer to my questions!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegeminibrooke:
    People told me about this when I started asking questions about baby food. www.wholesomebabyfood.com They have great info on all fruits and veggies and recommended ages based on what is easier to digest. So helpful and I always find the answer to my questions!

They say leave peel on but I'm wondering how well it purees up. I know blueberries for example leave little bits of skin still in the puree so I'm wondering how the zucchini and squash skin do.

• I made some green beans and ran the puree through a mesh strainer type thing to catch any bigger pieces. So you can always do that for a smoother puree :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • imagemonlyn9:

imagegeminibrooke:
    People told me about this when I started asking questions about baby food. www.wholesomebabyfood.com They have great info on all fruits and veggies and recommended ages based on what is easier to digest. So helpful and I always find the answer to my questions!

They say leave peel on but I'm wondering how well it purees up. I know blueberries for example leave little bits of skin still in the puree so I'm wondering how the zucchini and squash skin do.

The skin is where all the good stuff is. I would not peel it nor would I strain it.

• I've made these for my LO.  I think I read somewhere on wholesomebabyfood that they cannot digest the skins before 8 months or something, so I peel mine first, then cut, steam, and puree!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"