Parenting

Casey Anthony defense question

Why in the world did they decide to use a story that involved her dad? It just really doesn't make sense to me (the drowning story).

Re: Casey Anthony defense question

• Because her lawyer is an idiot.  She should fire him for how poorly he handled her case.  If anything, her lawyer convinced me that she did it.  Not that it matters.  I can't imagine how she would have gotten off anyway. 
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think it was a mistake to accuse her father of molestation and being in on the death without calling her to the stand. I do not believe there has been any evidence presented that proves the molestation charges. I also do think the being molested is a get of jail free card when it comes to killing your own child. This whole case is just sad.
  • Loading the player...
  • No.  It doesn't make sense.  My only guess is that they were testing the waters for her testifying.  I think they did nothing to prove reasonable doubt although the prosecutions case isn't air tight...I think she did and I think the jury thinks she killed her daughter also (weather by accident or on purpose).  She would have taken the stand if she were innocent (although the jury isn't suppose to use that against her).   It was clearly negligent for her to not report her daughter missing for 30+ days.  Her arse would have been ripped to pieces on the stand...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a) it's stupid because he's a former police officer.  it doesn't even make sense that a former police officer would tell her she'd get in trouble for an accidental death.

b) I think that if she is convicted her verdict will be overturned b/c she had incompetent representation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemeghans30:
    I think it was a mistake to accuse her father of molestation and being in on the death without calling her to the stand. I do not believe there has been any evidence presented that proves the molestation charges. I also do think the being molested is a get of jail free card when it comes to killing your own child. This whole case is just sad.

I'm not being snarky, but seriously wonder..do you really think that it's ok to kill your own child if you were molested as a child yourself? 

Christmas 2009 image
  • imageCTFandme:

imagemeghans30:
    I think it was a mistake to accuse her father of molestation and being in on the death without calling her to the stand. I do not believe there has been any evidence presented that proves the molestation charges. I also do think the being molested is a get of jail free card when it comes to killing your own child. This whole case is just sad.

I'm not being snarky, but seriously wonder..do you really think that it's ok to kill your own child if you were molested as a child yourself? 

Seriously?!  Clearly Meghan made a typo. 

She's crafty - and she's just my type.
  • imageCTFandme:

imagemeghans30:

Ahhhh, I DID make a typo!!! That should read "I do NOT think being molested as a child is a get out of free card when it comes to killing your own child!"  

• I have no idea what the defense did. There was nothing about her 30 day party. Nothing about proving molestation. Nothing about drowning in the pool. It was bizarre.
  • b) I think that if she is convicted her verdict will be overturned b/c she had incompetent representation.

ding, ding, ding

Her defense attorney took the ONLY road available for her right now -- delaying the inevitable!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"