September 2011 Moms
Options

L&D visit, short cervix, contractions and bedrest

Wow ladies, what an afternoon I've had. After being uncomfortable for about a week, not getting sleep at night, and having constant BH and lower pelvis pressure and pain, I finally called my MW. They got me in at 3:45, and I continued to work the rest of the day until my appointment. I got up to my appointment, where DH met me, and long story short: they check me for a UTI - negative. Then she wanted to get an ultrasound to check Cael, and my cervix. Cael is perfect (which I suspected since he was moving crazy all day). However, my cervix has shortened to 2.0 cm, where it should be greater than 3.0-3.5 cm. I was sent up to L&D for monitoring, and it turns out I was contracting every 3 minutes. They then gave me a shot of Brethine to stop the contractions, and then a steroid shot for his lungs. The Brethine helped right away, stopping the contractions. They just discharged me home because everything calmed down, and sent me home with Brethine to take every 6 hours. I have to return tomorrow night at 6 for my second steroid shot, and another NST. Regarding my shortened cervix, I go back next Friday for another internal ultrasound to recheck my cervical length, and I'm now on bedrest until at least that Friday appointment. Fingers crossed that he stays put, and continues to cook for at least another 6 weeks. Thanks for listening, ladies. I'll update tomorrow night after my follow up L&D visit.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: L&D visit, short cervix, contractions and bedrest

• Options
    KatKanKatKan member
    Oh girlie- what a day! I'll be thinking of you!!  I'm glad you got in to see your doctor in time.  Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thinking of you and Cael!

I have been holding on to the 37 week mantra lately too when I have had bad news at appointments!

Think positive- You will make it to 37 weeks, but I am glad that you got the steroid shots though as a precaution!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cael, we want to see your precious face in September!! Until then, stay put!! Sending good vibes to the both of you and a event free NST tomorrow and the days following. Grow cervix, grow!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh goodness... Put those feet up and relax! Hopefully next Friday will be here before you know it. In the meantime, Cael is not welcome until early August... So, stay put lil darlin'.
  • Options
    Wow! What a day you have had! I'll say a little prayer for Cael to keep on cooking in there!

• Options
    So sorry to hear that you had a rough afternoon and put on bed rest Jo. But at least Cael is doing good! Rest up momma!
  • Options

What a long day!!  Im glad they got the contractions to stop, keep baking Cael!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hang in there, lady----I'm sending you good "stay in the oven" vibes! 
  • Options
    Stay in there baby!!!
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Stay put Cael. Stay put.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So glad you went in to get checked out.  Keep on cooking Cael!
  • Options
    I'm hoping the bed rest and meds help with those contractions and cervical length!  It sounds like your MW is on top of things.  I know how scary it can be, hang in there!
  • Options
    Hang in there. Hope your cervix decides it wants to be longer for a while more now. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh no! Glad Cael is okay, but he needs to stay his butt in there for a few more weeks!
  • Options

Thank you ladies so much for your good vibes, thoughts and prayers. You are all truly the best, and know how to make me feel better and put a smile on my face in times when I'm stressed or upset.. :) 

I guess I'll be on the Bump more this coming week, huh? lol 

• Options
    You put your feet up and do nothing but rest!  Cael, stay put baby!  Bake a little longer.....
  • Options
    Here's to hoping nothing gets worse, take care of yourself and Cael!
  • Options

imagePina:
    You put your feet up and do nothing but rest!  Cael, stay put baby!  Bake a little longer.....

I'm trying...it's only 9am here - this is going to be a LONG week (technically 9 days) of bed rest!! lol.. But, it could be worse, and I'm keeping that in mind. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"