Sitting this cycle out — The Bump
Infertility Veterans

Sitting this cycle out

So, after my wtf yesterday...I call to get my b/w and ultrasounds for this new cycle. The nurse is going to be out all week. So, I was going to have to get my b/w done at Lab Corp, and my u/s done at another place here in town. I have already taken off so much time from.school-I was 45 min late yesterday to get my wtg appt done via video conference. So the receptionist calls and says they can get me in at those places-during the exact times, I said I couldn't come. So, I just said no thanks...too much hassle, I will just wait.What irritates me, is the nurse is out all week-seems like they would have a sub for her...what a mess. Oh well, next month.
ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sitting this cycle out

• Is there only one nurse?

In the Montgomery location they have a few nurses and, if need be, the NP will even do blood draws. They usually can't do u/s if the NP is out (even though they have two--at least when I was going there often they couldn't have the newest one do them if the head NP was out) but they've always been able to do my b/w. 

It amazes me how differently things seem to be run in your office, just so strange since it is all the same clinic. 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• I know, right! There is one nurse practitioner that works there- she has worked with them for well, I think the beginning of the Huntsville office. The lady that draws blood, was going to be there, and I don't understand why she couldn't draw my blood....oh well. To me, the office here has a HIGH turnover. I don't understand why they couldn't have a Bham nurse come up... This isn't the 1st time I had to go somewhere else for ultrasound , because she was out another time durning my cycle...I mean, I understand 1 day off, but a week? But, I am actually glad to take this month off, I need a break...it may be a blessing...
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am wondering if the lady that does my blood is a phlebotomist,.and maybe there has to be a nurse on site...I don't get it.
  • STL34STL34
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 250 Love Its Photogenic
    I'm sorry, hon.  I'm sorry your clinic is being so difficult for you!  I hope you are able to enjoy your month off, though!

image image

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• I know it is really frustrating, but we had something similar happen with our IUI this cycle.  I tried to focus on how much DH and I enjoyed the stress-free, no IF break.

I hope you can start cycling again soon!! 

(((hugs)))

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• That does seem very odd cutie.

Next month will be here soon.

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • That is really odd how they run your clinic up there.  Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't just pull someone from B'ham or something.  I hope the month break does you some good and passes quickly.  Good luck next month!
    Sunny

Dx: Hyper-turned-hypothyroidism after RAI, Stage II Endometriosis, PCOS/annovulation

Femara brought us our first-ever BFP after 5+ years!
    Beta #1 (13dpo) 40.8, Beta #2 (17dpo) 189.4, Beta #3 (24dpo) 3748.5

Evangeline Rachel born at 37w via scheduled c-section due to IUGR and being breech

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What a bummer.  But hopefully a month off will be a refreshing break for you. 
    Jen

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

TTC #1 Since September 2006

See profile for history

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards