Parenting after a Loss
Options

s/o BRU (letter to customer service mentioned)

I sent this email to BRU customer service tonight:

HI there,

I really appreciate that there is a Mother?s Room at Babies R Us; however, every time I?ve visited one of those rooms, they?ve been filthy. Last night, I was shopping at the Babies R Us in Allen, TX. I had to change my son?s diaper and went into the mother?s room. It smelled terrible because the diaper genie was overflowing. There were crickets on the ground, which was absolutely disgusting. This is supposed to be a place for mothers to feed their babies? Additionally, it was also being used as a storage closet.

I was very disappointed and immediately alerted the manager. I recently moved from Colorado where I most often went to the Babies R Us in Westminster, CO. All the furniture in that room was filthy, but it was better than nursing my baby on the bathroom floor (again, an overflowing diaper pail and a room that smelled so bad I had to hold my breath).

I expect more from a children?s store.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: s/o BRU (letter to customer service mentioned)

• Options
    I agree! The one by me is gross too! Thank goodness for my PPB boxy backpack with the pad otherwise I would have rather changed her in the back of my jeep. That and sanitizer!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Options
    Good for you! I really need to send my BRU a similar letter. One time there were ants crawling all over the place, including the sofa! Today it smelled horrible because no one had emptied the trash bin (they didn't even bother to put a diaper genie in there, just a regular trash bin). How hard is it to run a vacumn, empty the trash and wipe down the surfaces?They should be ashamed of themselves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That really is so unacceptable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And of the half dozen times I've used the room, the sanitizer dispenser is has always been empty! I'm disappointed the dirty rooms appears to be a trend with them.
  • Options

imagemchell9:
    That really is so unacceptable.

seriously! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    elisbuelisbu member

love you for this letter. if BRU wasnt nation wide and easy to register at i would never have gone there. hate that store!!!

• Options
    That sounds awful!  I was at Buy Buy Baby earlier this week and nursed/changed DS in their Mother's Room and it was so nice! Clean, comfy chairs, etc.  Completely the opposite of your description of Babies R Us.
  • Options
    I went to BRU this weekend and used the mothering room for the first time.  And I was going to whine that it was chilly and that they needed a mirror (so I could make sure the girls were put away properly, lol).  But overall it was much much nicer than what you had to deal with.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Options

totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the one near us is gross too!  great email!!!

Asher Thomas 5.19.10
    Miles Edmund 12.29.11
    Liam Robert 1.21.14
    Baby 4...ok probably another boy here haha 9.20.15
  • Options
    I'll keep y'all posted if and when I hear back!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I've never been in the mothering room at my local BRU, but if the state of the mothering room is anything like the state of their restrooms, then I for sure wouldn't want to go in there anyway.  While registering, I had to pee and it was disgusting in there.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"