Babies: 0 - 3 Months

lots of gas=colic? terrified!

k my little girl has gas that rivals her daddy lol, huge loud farts and today she's been uncharacteristically needy as far as crying when she is not being held.I'm terrified she's going to be colicy like her brother was. Worst time of my life
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lots of gas=colic? terrified!

• Have you tried a little gripe water?  It really helps with gas for our little guy!  It seems a lot more comfortable almost instantly.
  • what is gripe water? we bicycle her legs and push her knees to her stomach to help and I used the milocon drops with my son.. this is a very recent development with her and I'm just so worried. I remember so many horrible nights with him screaming and there was nothing I could do to help.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagescorpiomom2005:
    what is gripe water? we bicycle her legs and push her knees to her stomach to help and I used the milocon drops with my son.. this is a very recent development with her and I'm just so worried. I remember so many horrible nights with him screaming and there was nothing I could do to help.

Gripe water is great...helps a lot with gas, colic or hiccups.  You can get it pretty much anywhere now, it will be in the infant medicine section.  I just went with the generic CVS brand and it works great.

I would also try to rent the DVD Happiest Baby on the Block, that has a lot of soothing techniques...I bought the book, but since your LO is already here you might just wanna get the DVD and save some time.  You can get it from netflix. 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I forgot to add- are you bottle feeding?  Sometimes trying a different bottle helps with gas.  I EP, so she gets breastmilk but I started with the Playtex drop-ins and she was really gassy...switched to the AVENT bottles and she is a lot better.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we are FF with Similac Advance, and we use the Avent bottles. I'll check into that dvd though, hopefully they have it to play instantly. I hope I'm just working myself up over nothing :) Thanks though. Oh and where did you get those tights?? I've been looking all over for something like that!
  • imagemorganaday:
    Have you tried a little gripe water?  It really helps with gas for our little guy!  It seems a lot more comfortable almost instantly.

This. Gripe water is worth its weight in gold. Just gave it to my screaming LO and he calmed down immediately and is now sleeping in this crib. He had bad gas pains and it made him fart several times (very stinky but if it works I don't care). It also stops his hiccups right away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a colicy little girl. Went on got gripe water from CVS and I can here the TV tonight and not her screaming.

• How is this different from the Milocon drops?
  • hubby is going to store now for both. my poor baby, her belly feels so full
  • Let us know if the gripe water helps!  It's a little more natural...just water with plant extracts...for some reason it does the trick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"