Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If you were team green...

Did you and your DH/SO/baby daddy both agree on not finding out?  If only one of you wanted to be team green, how did that work out? Was there any stress involved in not knowing the sex?

DH and I are talking about baby #2 and I really want it to be a surprise next time.  DH thinks the idea of not finding out the sex until birth is a stupid idea.  I'm thinking maybe we could have the ultrasound tech write it down and put it in an envelope so he can read it alone and just make him swear not to tell me.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you were team green...

• Funny you said that. With ds i found out & dh didnt!!! It's fine with me, can your dh keep a secert?

1ht

• We were both on the fence at first.  Then when we thought about the surprise that day, realized I wanted a nature theme in the nursery, we'd have to buy clothes regardless and would register big items as gender neutral for the following baby, we decided.  Not going to lie..the 20 ultrasound was tough but then you are on the downhill so if you can decline there it is much easier.  Best of luck in your choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • image*BlackSheep*:

Funny you said that. With ds i found out & dh didnt!!! It's fine with me, can your dh keep a secert?

1ht

Yes and no.  I had a surprise bridal shower that he knew about.  He told me that I was having a bridal shower but never told me where or when.  I'm not really sure how he would do with keeping that kind of secret though! 

• Pre pg I was a big team greener, when we got pg I was more wishy washy, but DH wanted to be green, so we did.

I don't think I would like one of us knowing and the other not... it would be like one of us knowing the baby better or something? 

But next time I am still cool with whatever DH wants... either way.

And in the end I would have been way more surprised with a girl, since sooooo many people thought we were having a boy.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • We both agreed that we both didn't want to find out the gender.  We wanted a Whinnie the Pooh theme and gender neutral baby gear to be able to use if we have other children, so that made it easy too.  Ultrasounds were tough but it was totally worth it the day we had our DD :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I think it would be torture if DH knew and I didn't.  I would forever be trying to get it out of him, and looking for hints (he/she comments, clothing he looks at, etc.) and reading into them waaaaaaaay too much.  I say either you both are team green or neither of you are.  No need for torture.  JMO.
  • imagejuliebean071:

Did you and your DH/SO/baby daddy both agree on not finding out?  If only one of you wanted to be team green, how did that work out? Was there any stress involved in not knowing the sex?

DH and I are talking about baby #2 and I really want it to be a surprise next time.  DH thinks the idea of not finding out the sex until birth is a stupid idea.  I'm thinking maybe we could have the ultrasound tech write it down and put it in an envelope so he can read it alone and just make him swear not to tell me.  

We were team green...both in agreement about it from day one.  However, when my 18 week appt came around and we had the chance to find out...it was very very hard for me not to.  If DH said "OK, let's just find out" I totally would have.  It is absolutely worth it though.  After that appointment came and went we didn't even think twice about our decision and it was exciting for us and everyone around us. The way we looked at it was, there are so few surprises in life, so why not enjoy this one.  It also gave me th motivation to PUSH! We also went the traditional way with having the doctor announce "IT'S A BOY!"

I say go for it.

• Thank you so much ladies!  I really want that moment where I push LO out and the doctor announces what it is.  It just seems like it would be amazing (not that pushing out a baby isn't already an amazing feeling!). 

I went and woke DH up to talk about it, again. He still thinks it's a stupid idea and that we can't properly plan for a LO without knowing the sex.  I honestly think he's only against it because his brother was team green with their latest LO.  He said he really wouldn't tell me if I didn't want to know because he respects my wish to not know, but there is no way that he isn't finding out ASAP!  Some of you make a very good point about only one person knowing and not being okey with it.  I really don't know if I would be okey with him knowing and not me.  I want him to find out with me...when the LO makes his/her arrival!  We still have time to think about it, but I really wanted to see what others who have been there thought Big Smile

Thank you!

• erbearerbear member

my husband really wanted to be team green both times. When I pressed him on it, it turns out it was because that was the one moment for the father...announcing the sex to me :)

I didn't care, so we were team green both times.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • imageerbear:

my husband really wanted to be team green both times. When I pressed him on it, it turns out it was because that was the one moment for the father...announcing the sex to me :)

I didn't care, so we were team green both times.

That is so cute!!  I'll tell DH about how he can tell me the sex and see if maybe that will help change his mind :)

• i was team green. the bf wanted to know. at the 20 week ultrasound the tech wasn't going to tell us because she says it never works out. but i promised her it would and she wrote it in a piece of paper and stapled it up. i left the room and told the bf not to tell me if he wrote it and we'd never bring it up again. before the ultrasound we had a list of 2 boy names and 2 girl names and we would decide after we saw the baby. but at around 38 weeks i wanted to revisit girl names cause we weren't seeing eye to eye. addison was a ringer and that's what we chose.

it wasn't hard for me because i knew when we were talking about babies that i didn't want to know. i felt that either way i would have been disappointed and by labor time i would use finding out what the baby was as motivation to push through it (i didn't know my body would push no matter what) i haven't thought about LO #2 so i don't know how i'll do it.

Bre Wrties
  • I never wanted to find out, even before I was pg! When we went for the anatomy scan, he was still hoping that I'd change my mind but he did end up leaving it up to me. There was no stress or arguing related to the decision. He got a little antsy towards the end but then again so did i....

• I'd be afraid he'd spill the beans.  DH wanted to be team green and I wanted to know...but it was more important to him than it was to me, so I let him win.  That being said, I loved the surprise and will totally do it again (if we have any more kids).
  • Dh didnt have a choice. i didnt want to find out so neither was he:) hahah
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"